News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 04 Feb 2019
- February 6, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Indus River Dolphin has been declared as the state aquatic animal of which of the following states?
a) Jammu and Kashmir
c) Himachal Pradesh
• One of the world’s rarest mammals, Indus River Dolphins has received an exceptional distinction. Found only in India and Pakistan in the Beas river, the generally playful Indus Dolphins have been declared Punjab’s State aquatic animal.
2) World Cancer Day is celebrated annually on
a) 3rd January
b) 4th February
c) 15th May
d) 30th August
• World Cancer Day is an international day, which is marked on 4th February to increase awareness of cancer, and to encourage its prevention, early detection and treatment. Every year the theme has its own theme. The theme for World Cancer Day 2019 is – ‘I am and I will’.
3) Pasupu-Kumkuma (Turmeric-Kumkum) scheme is an initiative of which of the following state governments?
c) Andhra Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
• Pasupu Kumkuma Scheme has been launched by the Andhra Pradesh Government for Women Self-help Groups (SHGs) which is also known as Development of Women and Children in Rural Areas (DWCRA)
• The motive of the Pasupu Kumkuma Scheme is to empower these SHGs Groups by providing them financial support & smart phones.
4) Which state has become the first to set up a price monitoring and research unit (PMRU) to track violation of prices of essential drugs and medical devices?
b) Tamil Nadu
• Kerala has become the first State to set up a price monitoring and research unit (PMRU) to track violation of prices of essential drugs and medical devices under the Drugs Price Control Order (DPCO).
5) ‘Future of Rail’ report was published by
a) World Bank
b) Ministry of Railways
c) NITI Aayog
d) International Energy Agency
• According to a new report by the International Energy Agency (IEA), prepared in cooperation with the International Union of Railways (UIC), rail is among the most energy-efficient modes of transport for freight and passengers, however is often neglected in public debate.