News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 05 Feb 2019
- February 7, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Which of the following organisations has launched Swasth Naari, Shakti Hamaari, a campaign to spread awareness of cancer among underprivileged women?
a) World Health Organisation
b) Ministry of Women and Child Development
c) NITI Aayog
d) Indian Cancer Society
• The Indian Cancer Society (ICS) launched a campaign in the city to spread awareness of cancer among underprivileged women and enable early detection of the disease. Swasth Naari, Shakti Hamaari, which was kicked off on the occasion of World Cancer Day, has been organised in collaboration with pharmaceutical company AstraZeneca.
2) According to Transparency International, which of the following states topped in budgetary practices?
• Assam occupied the top slot in the ranking of best practices followed by states in Budget formulation, followed by Andhra Pradesh and Odisha, says a survey by Transparency International
3) ‘Operation Smile’, an initiative of Hyderabad Police, is aimed at
a) Rescuing child labourers
b) Reducing road accidents
c) Targeting drug abuse
d) Women’s safety
• As many as 325 child labourers have been rescued as part of ‘Operation Smile’ in Hyderabad
4) Bedin 1, recently discovered by the Hubble Space Telescope, is a/an
c) Blue giant
d) Dwarf galaxy
• The Hubble Space Telescope has made an unexpected discovery of a dwarf galaxy in our cosmic backyard, located just 30 million light-years away, scientists say.
• Researchers used the NASA/ESA Hubble Space Telescope to study white dwarf stars within the globular cluster NGC 6752.
5) Who among the following Indians recently won the Seattle Open squash title?
a) Joshna Chinnappa
b) Dipika Pallikkal
c) Ritwik Bhattacharya
d) Ramit Tandon
• Top seeded Ramit Tandon made the most of his first meeting with Egyptian Mohamed El Sherbini to win the final of the Seattle Open, a PSA challenger squash Tour event. The Indian won 11-4, 11-7, 2-11, 11-2 for his first PSA title in 2019 and fourth title overall in his career.