News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 06 Feb 2019
- February 8, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) ISRO recently launched its GSAT-31 from which of the following launch stations?
c) French Guiana
d) Cape Canaveral
• India’s latest communication satellite, GSAT-31 was successfully launched from the Spaceport in French Guiana.
• The launch vehicle Ariane 5 VA-247 lifted off from Kourou Launch Base, French Guiana carrying India’s GSAT-31 and Saudi Geostationary Satellite 1/Hellas Sat 4 satellites, as scheduled.
2) Which among the following CPSEs has won Ministry of MSME’s award under the Miniratna Category for promotion of SC/ST entrepreneurs?
a) National Film Development Corporation
b) Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India
c) Small Farmers Agribusiness Consortium
d) Rural Electrification Corporation Limited
• National Film Development Corporation of India has been selected as winner under the Miniratna Category (Category II) by Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME).
• This has been done as part of endeavour by Ministry of MSME to felicitate select CPSEs to recognize their exemplary work towards promotion of SC/ST entrepreneurs. The performance parameters for the same were procurement from SC/ST entrepreneurs, number of vendor development programmes for SC/ST and number of SC/ST entrepreneurs benefitted as per data uploaded on Sambandh Portal.
3) World Heritage Centre housing ‘spiritual camps’ of 45 countries will be set up in
• A World Heritage Centre housing ‘spiritual camps’ of 45 countries would be set up at Mayapur, the global headquarters of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON), in Nadia district. The camp of each country would reflect its culture, dress, lifestyle, food and ambiance.
4) GOAL (Going Online as Leaders), a digital skilling and mentorship initiative was recently launched by
• Focussing on its mission to empower women, social networking giant Facebook launched a digital skilling and mentorship initiative across five states in India that would encourage tribal girls to become village-level digital young leaders for their communities.
• Named GOAL (Going Online as Leaders), the initiative will train young girls from West Bengal, Maharashtra, Jharkhand, Odisha and Madhya Pradesh in digital literacy, life skills, leadership and entrepreneurship for a year.
5) Priyanath Dey, who recently passed away is famous as a/an
d) Freedom fighter
• Noted freedom fighter and former Odisha lawmaker Priyanath Dey died at 97. Dey had joined freedom movement in 1942 and was jailed several times.
• He was elected to Odisha Legislative Assembly from Jagatsinghpur seat in 1961.