News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 07 Feb 2019
- February 9, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Darwaza Band- Part 2 campaign was recently launched by which of the following ministries/organisations?
a) Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation
b) NITI Aayog
c) Ministry of Rural Development
• The Swachh Bharat Mission Grameen launched the ‘Darwaza Band -Part 2’ campaign which focuses on sustaining the open defecation free status of villages across the country.
• The campaign, produced by the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation, was launched in Mumbai in the presence of iconic actor Shri Amitabh Bachchan, Maharashtra’s Minister for Water Supply and Sanitation, Shri BabanraoLonikar, Secretary, Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation, Shri Parameswaran Iyer and other dignitaries and representatives of the Mission’s development partners.
• The ‘Darwaza Band- Part 2’ campaign has been supported by the World Bank and is being rolled out countrywide immediately after the launch.
2) 2019 Asia LPG Summit was recently held in
b) New Delhi
• The summit is being organized by the World LPG Association (WLPGA) in association with major Indian public-sector oil companies (OMCs) Indian Oil, Hindustan Petroleum, and Bharat Petroleum at the Taj Palace Hotel in New Delhi.
3) In the 6th bi-monthly Monetary Policy Statement, RBI has set the repo rate at
• On the basis of an assessment of the current and evolving macroeconomic situation at its meeting today, the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) decided to reduce the policy repo rate under the liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) by 25 basis points from 6.5 percent to 6.25 percent with immediate effect.
4) Who among the following holds the record for the fastest fifty for India in Women’s T20Is?
a) Mithali Raj
b) Harmanpreet Kaur
• SmritiMandhana hammered 58 off just 34 deliveries — the fastest fifty for India in Women’s T20Is — to better her own record of a fifty in 25 balls, which she created last year against England
5) Which of the following countries recently signed an accord to join NATO?
• NATO members signed an accord with Macedonia allowing the tiny ex-Yugoslav republic to become the 30th member of the U.S.-led alliance after a deal with Greece ended a 27-year-old dispute over its name