News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 08 Feb 2019
- February 10, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) International IP Index was recently launched by
a) World Economic Forum
b) World Intellectual Property Organisation
c) US Chamber of Commerce
• India has jumped eight places to 36th position on the International Intellectual Property (IP) Index, which analyses the IP climate in 50 global economies, this year.India’s eight-point jump in 2019 from 44th position in 2018 is the highest increase among 50 nations mapped by the index
• The index brought out by the US Chamber of Commerce’s Global Innovation Policy Center (GIPC) ranks countries based on 45 indicators that are critical to an innovation-led economy supported by robust patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secrets protection
2) Which of the following city police has launched the mobile app ‘Digicop’ that will help trace stolen mobiles?
b) New Delhi
• Chennai Police has launched a mobile app that will help trace stolen mobiles
• The app, DIGI COP, can tell a buyer if the mobile phone they have purchased second hand is a stolen mobile or not.
3) “Parmanu Tech 2019” Nuclear Energy Conference has recently been organised in
c) New Delhi
d) Gandhi Nagar
• “Parmanu Tech 2019” Nuclear Energy Conference was recently held at New Delhi.
4) Which of the following state governments has launched ‘Zero Fatality Corridor’ to examine and reduce the cause for accidents and crashes?
b) New Delhi
• In an attempt to bring down injuries and deaths due to road accidents, the Arvind Kejriwal-led Delhi government has launched the ‘Zero Fatality Corridor’ to examine the cause for accidents and crashes on the stretch between BurariChowk and Bhalswachowk, located on the outer ring road.
• The initiative is to be run in partnership with SaveLIFE Foundation, a leading road safety non-profit organization.
5) Guru Padmasambhava, whose statue has recently been unveiled in Odisha, is the founder of
a) Tibetan Buddhism
b) Zen Buddhism
c) Digambara Sect
• Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik unveiled a 19-foot-high statue of Guru Padmasambhava, the founder of Tibetan Buddhism, at Jirang in Gajapati district.
• This 29 tonne stone statue is placed in the middle of ‘Padma Sarovar’, a large tank near PadmasambhavaMahavihara, the largest Buddhist monastery in eastern India.