News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 09 Feb 2019
- February 11, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) 2nd ASEAN-India Youth Summit was recently held in
a) New Delhi
• 2nd ASEAN-India Youth Summit begins in Guwahati.
• Over 100 youth delegates from Vietnam, Laos, Brunei, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Cambodia, Thailand, Myanmar and Indonesia took part in the summit tag-lined Connectivity: Pathway to Shared Prosperity, organised by India Foundation and the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India.
2) Siamese fighting fish was recently named the national aquatic animal of
c) Sri Lanka
• Tiny, testy and eye-catching with a colourful fin plumage, the Siamese fighting fish was named Thailand’s national aquatic animal.
• Known in the West as a betta fish, the underwater brawler is popular in home aquariums for its iridescent body and many-hued tail.
3) Which among the following teams won the 85th Ranji Trophy cricket tournament?
• Vidarbha lifted their second successive Ranji Trophy title with a comfortable 78-run win over Saurashtra in the final, proving that their maiden triumph last year was no “fluke”.
4) Which of the following state governments has announced Arundhati scheme to provide gold at free of cost to the bride?
b) Tamil Nadu
• The state government of Assam has announced the ‘Arundhati’ scheme to give one ‘tola’ (10 grams) of gold to brides from communities where it is customary to provide gold at the time of the wedding.
• The state has earmarked Rs 300 crore for the scheme and it will be limited to economically weaker sections, whose annual income is below Rs 5 lakh.
5) Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet was indigenously developed by which of the following organisations?
• The second indigenously developed “Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet (SFDR)” propulsion-based missile system was successfully flight tested in Odisha by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)