News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 11 Feb 2019
- February 13, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Which of the following countries’ capital has added Hindi as a third language in courts?
• The Abu Dhabi Judicial Department (ADJD) has added Hindi as the third official language to be spoken in the city’s courts, alongside Arabic and English.
• According to the ADJD, this step was aimed at helping foreigners to learn about litigation procedures, their rights and duties without a language barrier, in addition to facilitating registration procedures via unified forms available through the Department’s website.
2) World Pulses Day is celebrated annually on
a) February 10th
b) January 12th
c) August 23rd
d) September 1st
• In 2018, the UN General Assembly decided that 10 February will mark World Pulses Day, keeping alive the positive momentum surrounding these healthy, nutritious, protein-rich, nitrogen-fixing legumes after FAO’s successful 2016 International Year of Pulses Campaign
3) Which of the following animals has been declared as the official mascot of UN Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species (COP 13)?
a) Amur Falcon
b) Great Indian Bustard
• Centre announces Great Indian Bustard as mascot for COP-13 on migratory species
• Over a month after launching a national action plan for conservation of migratory birds, India, which is all set to hold the 13th UN Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species (CMS)(COP 13) next year in Gujarat, announced Great Indian Bustard (GIB) as the mascot for the mega event.
4) CUTLASS EXPRESS – 19, recently seen in news, is
a) World’s fastest train
b) A satellite
c) An underwater drone
d) A multinational maritime exercise
• INS Trikand, a front-line warship of the Indian Navy, participated in a multinational training exercise ‘CUTLASS EXPRESS – 19’ held from 27 Jan to 06 Feb 19.
• The aim of the exercise was to improve law enforcement capacity, promote regional security and progress inter-operability between the armed forces of the participating nations for the purpose of interdicting illegal maritime activity in the Western Indian Ocean
5) The multinational maritime exercise AMAN 19 was recently organised by
• Multinational Maritime Exercise AMAN 19 formally commenced today at Pakistan Navy Dockyard, with a colourful flag hoisting ceremony.
• Ships of the participating navies, observers, foreign diplomats and a large number of Pakistan Navy personnel attended the event.