News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 12 Feb 2019
- February 14, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Who among the following recently became the first female winner of the MRF Challenge Series?
a) Jamie Chadwick
c) Sarah Fisher.
d) Courtney Force
• Jamie Chadwick has become the first female winner of the MRF Challenge Series by mounting a turnaround at the final event of the season.
• The British driver, 20, won three of the five races in Chennai, India, to close an 18-point margin on Belgium’s Max Defourny and take the title.
2) The International Day of Women and Girls in Science is celebrated on
a) 13th August
b) 25th October
c) 2nd January
d) 11th February
• In order to achieve full and equal access to and participation in science for women and girls, and further achieve gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls, the United Nations General Assembly adopted resolution A/RES/70/212 declaring 11 February as the International Day of Women and Girls in Science.
3) Basant Panchami is celebrated in India annually to welcome the season of
• Celebration of Basant is part of mythology and is even mentioned in Rigveda. According to the lunar calendar, Basant falls on the fifth day of month of Magh. Basant is celebrated to welcome the Springseason when cold and depressing days of winter come to an end.
• It is celebrated not only in India but also in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, China and Japan.
4) Cremica Food Park, recently inaugurated, is the first mega food park of
a) Madhya Pradesh
d) Himachal Pradesh
• Food Processing Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal inaugurated Cremica Food Park, which is the first mega food park of Himachal Pradesh
• The Cremica Mega Food Park will benefit people of Una district and nearby districts of Kangra, Hamirpur and Bilaspur
5) Chinook CH-47F (I) heavy lift helicopters has recently been acquired by the Indian Air Force from
• The first four of the 15 Chinook CH-47F (I) heavy lift helicopters ordered by the Indian Air Force from the US, in 2015, have arrived in India.
• The helicopters, which were handed over to the IAF earlier this month in Philadelphia, arrived at the Mundra port in Gujarat
• It is a multi-role, vertical-lift platform, which is used for the transport of troops, artillery, equipment and fuel. It is also used for humanitarian and disaster-relief operations, in missions such as transportation of relief supplies and mass evacuation of refugees.