News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 13 Feb 2019
- February 15, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Crying Keelback, a new species of snake, was recently discovered in
b) Himachal Pradesh
c) Arunachal Pradesh
• A new species of ‘crying’ snake has been discovered in Lepa-Rada district of Arunachal Pradesh.
• The discovery of the non-venomous crying keelback, whose zoological name is Hebiuslacrima, has been published in Zootaxa, the New Zealand-based scientific mega-journal for animal taxonomy.
2) Mohar Reservoir Project is located in which of the following states?
• The Chhattisgarh Water Resources Department (CWRD) commenced the work on Mohar Reservoir Project in Balod district without ensuring the land required was acquired and obtaining environment and forest clearances, says the latest Comptroller and Auditor General report on Chhattisgarh.
• The report, which was tabled in the state assembly on January 10, 2019, adds that this non-compliance led to an “unfruitful expenditure” of Rs 9.28 crore in the Rs 228.23-crore project.
3) India’s first mega aqua food park has recently been commissioned in
d) Andhra Pradesh
• Godavari Mega Aqua Food Park, located at Tundurru Village in Bhimavaram Mandal, West Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh, was commissioned by PushpaSubrahmanyam, secretary, Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI).
• The park, which is promoted by Godavari Mega Aqua Food Park Pvt Ltd, is the first operationalised Mega Aqua Food Park exclusively established for fish and marine products processing in the southern state.
4) Cobra Gold military exercise is hosted annually by
a) Pakistan and China
b) South Korea and Japan
c) USA and Thailand
d) Israel and Saudi Arabia
• Thailand and the United Stateshosted the opening ceremony for the annual Cobra Gold military exercise, the biggest activity of its type in the Asia-Pacific region with 29 nations taking part as participants or observers.
• Seven nations in addition to Thailand and the United States are active participants: Singapore, Japan, China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia and South Korea. About 4,500 U.S. personnel, on land and sea, are taking part.
5) Who among the following became the third Indian player to break into the top-100 tennis world ranking in the past decade?
b) Yuki Bhambri
c) Ankita Raina
• Reaping rewards of his consistent performance, PrajneshGunneswaran broke into men’s singles top-100 for the first time in his career with a jump of six places that took him to 97.
• Prajnesh is only third Indian player to break into the top-100 barrier in the past decade after SomdevDevvarman and Yuki Bhambri.