News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 15 Feb 2019
- February 17, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Who among the following became the first Indian woman to become a flight engineer to be inducted by IAF?
a) Avani Chaturvedi
b) Bhawana Kanth
c) Hina Jaiswal
d) Mohana Singh
• Flight Lieutenant Hina Jaiswal from Chandigarh has scripted history by becoming the first woman flight engineer to be inducted by the Indian Air Force (IAF)
• Having completed the six-month Flight Engineer course, Jaiswal will now be posted to a helicopter squadron where she will monitor and operate IAF’s complex aircraft in various conditions, right from Siachen Glacier to Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
2) NASA has recently announced the end of which of the following space probes?
• NASA announced that its Opportunity Rover mission is complete after the rover failed to respond despite repeated trials since August 2018
• During a press conference, the space agency inferred that a planet-encircling dust storm cut off communications with Opportunity on June 10, last year, disabling its solar panels from storing power. Since then NASA has beamed over 830 unanswered rescue commands.
3) Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-dhan (PM-SYM) comes under the aegis of which of the following ministries?
a) Ministry of Skill Development
b) Ministry of HRD
c) Ministry of Labour and Employment
d) Ministry of AYUSH
• Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-dhan (PM-SYM) will be rolled out by the Ministry of Labour and Employment. The scheme announced in the Interim Budget was notified by the Ministry recently. As many as 42 crore workers are estimated to be engaged in the unorganized sector of the country.
• The unorganised workers mostly engaged as home based workers, street vendors, mid-day meal workers, head loaders, brick kiln workers, cobblers, rag pickers, domestic workers, washer men, rickshaw pullers, landless labourers, own account workers, agricultural workers, construction workers, beedi workers, handloom workers, leather workers, audio- visual workers and similar other occupations whose monthly income is Rs 15,000/ per month or less and belong to the entry age group of 18-40 years are eligible for the scheme.
4) Ghumot has been notified as the heritage instrument of which of the following states?
d) Madhya Pradesh
• Ghumot, Goa’s indigenous traditional percussion instrument made from an earthen vessel, will be notified as a heritage instrument of Goa, Art and Culture Minister Govind Gaude.
• The instrument was banned due to the use of the skin of the endangered monitor lizard for the drum membrane. In recent years, ghumot makers have started using goat skin instead
5) World Sustainable Development Summit 2019 was held in
a) New Delhi
• The World Sustainable Development Summit (WSDS) is the annual flagship event of The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) in New Delhi
• WSDS 2019 will focus on the theme, ‘Attaining the 2030 Agenda: Delivering on our Promise’.