News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 16 Feb 2019
- February 18, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) World Employment and Social Outlook has recently been released by
c) World Bank
• Progress in reducing unemployment globally is not being matched by improvements in the quality of work, says the International Labour Organization’s World Employment and Social Outlook: Trends 2019 report.
• Poor quality employment is the main issue for global labour markets, with millions of people forced to accept inadequate working conditions, according to a new report from the International Labour Organization (ILO).
2) EarlyED Asia 2019 Conference took place in which of the following cities?
• EarlyED Asia 2019 Conference will take place in Jaipur, Rajasthan, on 12th & 13th February 2019
• The two-day event is Asia’s largest conference on Early Childhood with the motto ‘Our Children. Our Future’.
3) A new space telescope, SPHEREx, to be launched in 2023, is an initiative of
• US space agency NASA has unveiled a new space telescope, SPHEREx, that would begin a two-year mission in 2023 to look for life’s ingredients and probe how the universe evolved.
• The Spectro-Photometer for the History of the Universe, Epoch of Reionization and Ices Explorer (SPHEREx) mission is a planned two-year mission funded at 242 million USD, according to NASA.
4) The newly launched portal LADIS – Least Available Depth Information System is an initiative of
a) Dredging Cooperation of India Ltd
b) Inland Waterways Authority of India
c) Indian Meteorological Department
• Moving a step ahead towards ensuring optimum use of National Waterways, the Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) launched a new portal LADIS – Least Available Depth Information System.
• LADIS will ensure that real-time data on least available depths is disseminated for ship/barge and cargo owners so that they can undertake transportation on NWs in a more planned way. An assured depth of waterway is required for seamless movement of vessels
5) India’s biggest district cooling system will come up in which of the following cities?
c) New Delhi
• CM Chandrababu Naidu to lay stone for India’s biggest district cooling system in Amaravati
• First of its kind in the country, the district cooling system will help save 40 per cent of the energy currently being used.
• All government, residential and commercial buildings in Amaravati will be supplied chilled water through this system’s pipelines.