News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 18 Feb 2019
- February 20, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Who among the following was conferred with the first-ever Football Ratna award?
a) Bhaichung Bhutia
b) Sunil Chhetri
c) Gurpreet Singh Sandhu
d) Jeje Lalpekhlua
• Sunil Chhetri was conferred with the first-ever Football Ratna award by Football Delhi and India’s top goal-scorer said he will always be there for the development of football in Delhi.
2) Irani Cup cricket tournament was recently won by
• In cricket, Ranji champions Vidarbha beat Rest of India in Nagpur to retain the Irani Cup. Vidarbha has now become the third team after Mumbai and Karnataka to clinch two Irani Cup titles in a row.
3) Which among the following municipal corporations bagged the Swachhata Excellence awards 2019?
• Adding another feather to cap of its success, Raigarh municipal corporation of Chhattisgarh has bagged “Swachhata Excellence awards 2019”. The municipal corporations of Ambikapur and Kumbakonam bagged the second and third prizes respectively.
4) Which of the following state assemblies today passed a bill to make Sanskrit the second official language of the state?
a) Uttar Pradesh
d) Himachal Pradesh
• The Himachal Pradesh Assembly passed a Bill to make Sanskrit the second official language of the state.
5) Who among the following was awarded the International Human Rights Prize, 2019?
a) Abdul Aziz Muhamat
b) Nadia Murad
c) Malala Yousufsai
d) Imad Alarnab
• Manus Island Refugee No QNK002: Abdul Aziz Muhamat wins international human rights prize
• A Sudanese refugee activist who spent four years in an Australian detention centre has won an international human rights prize for exposing “the very cruel asylum seeker policy of the Australian government”