News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 19 Feb 2019
- February 21, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Which of the following is the first walking robot that navigates without GPS?
• Scientists claim to have developed the first walking robot that can explore its environment and find its way home without GPS or mapping, opening new avenues for the navigation of autonomous vehicles.
• Researchers from the French National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS) took inspiration from desert ants, which are extraordinary solitary navigators, to design the AntBot.
2) India’s first full-dome 3D Digital Theatre has recently been inaugurated in
a) New Delhi
• India’s first ‘fulldome 3D Digital Theatre’ at the Science City in Kokata was inaugurated by Union Culture Minister Mahesh Sharma on Monday. The ‘fulldome 3D Digital Theatre’ at the Science city was the first of its kind in India having a 23 metre titled dome to offer a fully immersive experience to the visitors
3) The 40th annual International Desert Festival was recently held in
• The International Desert Festival is an annual event that take place in February month in the beautiful city Jaisalmer. It is held in the Hindu month of Magh (February), three days prior to the full moon.
• The festival is celebrated amidst the beautiful dunes of the Thar Desert in the Sam dunes (42 kilometers from Jaisalmer). Romantic, remote and unspoiled, the location comes to life during the three-day extravaganza of the delights of the desert.
4) Who among the following won the women’s singles crown at the Senior Badminton Nationals, 2019?
a) Saina Nehwal
b) P V Sindhu
c) Rituparna Das
d) Saili Rane
• Saina Nehwal beat P.V. Sindhu in straight games in the marquee clash of the tournament to retain her women’s singles crown at the 83rd Yonex Sunrise Senior Badminton Nationals.
• The three-time former champion Saina used her powerful smashes to telling effect, registering a 21-18 21-15 win against Sindhu, a two-time winner, in the summit clash.
5) Beresheet (Genesis) spacecraft is the first moon mission of which of the following countries?
b) North Korea
• Israel is to launch its first moon mission, sending an unmanned spacecraft to collect data to be shared with NASA.
• The 585-kilogram (1,290-pound) Beresheet (Genesis) spacecraft is to lift off atop a Falcon 9 rocket from Cape Canaveral, Florida