News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 20 Feb 2019
- February 22, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Which of the following recently became the 73rd country to sign the framework agreement of the International Solar Alliance (ISA)?
a) Saudi Arabia
• Saudi Arabia signed the framework agreement of the International Solar Alliance (ISA) becoming the 73rd country to join the India-led renewable energy organisation which now has a total of 122 members.
• The signing of the agreement took place after a bilateral meeting between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Saudi Arabian Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, who arrive on a state visit to India
2) India’s first hi-tech forensic lab has recently been launched in
b) New Delhi
• India’s First Hi-Tech Forensic Lab NCFL and CyPAD inaugurated in New Delhiby Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh.
3) World Day of Social Justice is observed annually on
a) November 21st
b) July 3rd
c) March 14th
d) February 20th
• World Day of Social Justice is celebrated annually on 20thFebruary
• 2019 theme: If You Want Peace & Development, Work for Social Justice
4) Which of the following is a drainage-cleaning robot introduced for the first time at a city corporation to rid of manual scavenging?
• In Chennai, a drainage-cleaning robot has been introduced for the first time at the city corporation as part of efforts to rid of manual scavenging.
• According to officials, the robot named Bandicoot has been introduced at a cost of 18 lakh rupees
5) Which of the following is an initiative to promote start-ups, women and youth through e-transactions on Government e Marketplace (GeM)?
• Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu, launched SWAYATT in New Delhi. SWAYATT is an initiative to promote Start-ups, Women and Youth Advantage Through eTransactions on Government e Marketplace (GeM).
• This will bring together the key stakeholders within the Indian entrepreneurial ecosystem to Government e-Marketplace the national procurement portal.