News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 22 Feb 2019
- February 24, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Which of the following companies have been ranked by the Top Employers Institute as global top employer?
a) Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
• Tata Consultancy Services, a leading global IT services, consulting and business solutions organization, has been recognized as one of world’s best employers by the Top Employer Institute for the third year running. TCS was certified for its exceptional employee offerings by the independent body from a pool of more than 1,300 companies in 113 countries around the world.
2) Which of the following Indian personalities has recently been awarded Seoul Peace Prize in South Korea?
a) Kailash Satyarthi
b) Gita Gopinath
c) Narendra Modi
d) Romila Thapar
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who is on a two-day visit to South Korea, was awarded the Seoul Peace Prize for 2018 for his “contribution to international cooperation and fostering global economic growth”. The award was presented to him by the Seoul Peace Prize Foundation.
• Modi is the 14th recipient of the award and the past laureates include former UN Secretary General Kofi Annan, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and international relief organisations Doctors Without Borders and Oxfam
3) Which of the following state police departments has recently launched KP-Bot, the first humanoid robot cop in India?
c) New Delhi
• Embarking on the much-coveted road towards automation, India has launched its first humanoid robot cop in Kerala.
• Inaugurating the humanoid robot cop named KP-bot, Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan made it the first ever police department in India to have a robot for police work.
4) Which of the following is the first mammal to go extinct due to climate change?
a) Clouded leopard
b) Stellers Sea Cow
c) Pyrenean Ibex
d) Bramble Cay Melomy
• Climate change has just claimed its first mammalian species victim. The Australian government has officially listed the Bramble Cay Melomys as extinct.
• The small brown rat has not been seen since 2009. The small rat-like was thought to be the only mammal native to the Great Barrier Reef. It was found only on a small sand island near the coast of Papua New Guinea.
5) Which of the following countries has unveiled the world’s first female AI news anchor?
• China’s state-run news agency, Xinhua, unveiled “the world’s first female AI news anchor” to read alongside its male AI news presenters.
• Named Xin Xiaomeng, the perfectly coiffed broadcaster was developed jointly by Xinhua and search engine company Sogou, and was shown off in a video on social media