News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 23 Feb 2019
- February 25, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Who among the following recently became the first Indian woman to receive Future of Nature award for marine conservation?
a) Gita Gopinath
b) Divya Karnad
c) Shubha Tole
d) Yamuna Krishnan
• Dr Divya Karnad has become the second Indian and the first woman to obtain the ‘Global Future of Nature Award’ for her work on marine conservation.
• The ‘Future for Nature Award’ is a prestigious international award that celebrates tangible achievements in protecting wild animal and plant species.
2) Khushi scheme, to provide free sanitary napkins to school girls across the state, has been launched by
• The Odisha cabinet approved Khushi scheme to provide free sanitary napkins to school girls across the state.
• Under the scheme, the state will provide free sanitary napkins to 17.25 lakh girls studying in Classes 6 to 12 in government and government-aided schools, Kendriya Vidyalayas and Jawaharlal Navodaya Vidyalayas located in the state.
3) Which of the following is the world’s largest bee that has recently been spotted for first time in decades?
a) Wallace’s giant bee
b) Carpenter bee
d) Orchid bees
• The world’s biggest honey bee—a giant insect generally the measure of a human thumb— has been rediscovered in a remote locale of Indonesia in its first sighting in about 40 years.
• Until recently, the last time Adam C. Messer had reported seeing Wallace’s giant bee living in the wild was in 1981. The bee is among the 25 “most wanted lost” species that are the focus of Global Wildlife Conservation’s “Search for Lost Species” initiative.
4) Sikaria Mega Food Park is the 1st Mega Food Park in the state of
a) Jammu and Kashmir
• Union Minister of State for Food Processing Industries Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti inaugurated Sikaria Mega Food Park Pvt Ltd at Village Tulakona in Agartala. This is the first Mega Food Park in the state of Tripura.
5) Low Frequency Array (LOFAR) telescope, using which more than 300,000 previously undetected galaxies have been discovered, is located in
d) Papua New Guinea
• More than three hundred thousand previously undetected galaxies have been discovered in a new radio survey. A team comprising over 200 astronomers from 18 countries used the Low Frequency Array (LOFAR) telescope, based in Netherlands, to survey a part of the northern hemisphere at low radio frequency.
• A galaxy cluster, containing hundreds to thousands of galaxies, can produce massive radio emissions when it merges with another cluster. These emissions can be scattered across millions of light years.