News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 25 Feb 2019
- February 27, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Which of the following Indian shooters won gold with world record in the men’s 10m air pistol event at International Shooting Sport Federation, 2019?
a) Saurabh Chaudhary
b) Vivek Singh
c) Abhishek Verma
d) Deepak Kumar
• Unfazed by a field comprising seasoned campaigners, teenager Saurabh Chaudhary smashed the world record to win gold in the ISSF World Cup, securing India’s third Olympic quota.
• Appearing in his maiden senior World Cup, the 16-year-old claimed the top honours without much fuss in the men’s 10m air pistol event at the season-opening International Shooting Sport Federation event.
2) Who among the following is the ambassador of Swasth Immunised India campaign?
a) Amir Khan
b) Kareena Kapoor
c) Mary Kom
d) Amitabh Bacchan
• Swasth Immunised India: Kareena Kapoor Khan launches nation-wide vaccination campaign
• The campaign was launched by Serum Institute of India (SII) and Network 18.
3) cVIGIL app, recently seen in news, is an initiative of
a) NITI Aayog
b) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
c) Central Board of Direct Taxes
d) Election Commission of India
• The new cVIGIL app launched by Election Commission of India is expected to fill in gaps and create a fast-track complaint reception and redressal system.
• cVIGIL is an innovative mobile application for citizens to report Model Code of Conduct and expenditure violations during the elections.
• ‘cVIGIL’ stands for Vigilant Citizen and emphasizes the proactive and responsible role citizens can play in conduct of free and fair elections.
4) ‘Women’s Livelihood Bond’, to raise ₹300 cr to help rural women set up, enterprises, is an initiative of
a) World Bank
c) UN Women
d) All of the above
• The World Bank, UN Women (a United Nations entity dedicated to gender equality and empowerment of women), and Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) have come together to launch a five-year tenor ‘women’s livelihood bond’ to raise ₹300 crores.
• The proceeds from these social impact bonds, which will be unsecured and unlisted, will be used to help rural women in the country’s poorest states to set up or scale up their own enterprises.
5) Which of the following has become the first state in the country to have raised a special dog squad to detect liquor consignment?
• Bihar has become the first state in the country to have raised a special dog squad to detect liquor consignment. As many as 20 liquor-tracker dogs which were imparted training for nine months in Hyderabad have been deployed in nine police ranges in the state.