News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 26 Feb 2019
- February 28, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Which of the following countries will conduct the joint military exercise Sampriti-2019 with India?
• As part of the ongoing India Bangladesh defence cooperation, a joint military exercise Sampriti-2019 will be conducted at Tangail, Bangladesh from 02 March to 15 March 2019.
• Exercise Sampriti-2019 is an important bilateral defence cooperation endeavour between India and Bangladesh and this will be the eighth edition of the exercise which is hosted alternately by both countries.
2) Which of the following Indian players was awarded the prestigious Player of the Year 2018 award by the Asian Hockey Federation (AHF)?
a) P R Sreejesh
b) Manpreet Singh
c) Sardara Singh
d) Akashdeep Singh
• Hockey India congratulated Indian skipper Manpreet Singh for being awarded the prestigious Player of the Year 2018 award by the Asian Hockey Federation (AHF) and Indian women’s team striker Lalremsiami for being awarded the Rising Player of The Year 2018.
• Congratulating the duo and the Indian Men’s Hockey Team, Rajinder Singh, Secretary General of Hockey India said, I congratulate Manpreet Singh and Lalremsiami for being awarded the Player of the Year 2018 (Male) and Rising Player of the Year 2018 (Female) by the Asian Hockey Federation.
3) 44th World Congress of the International Advertising Association (IAA) will be held in
a) New Delhi
• The International Advertising Association (IAA) will be hosting the IAA World Congress at the Grand Hyatt Lulu International Convention Centre in Kochi from February 20 to 22.
• The New York-based IAA has a presence in 55 countries, and consists of advertisers, advertising agencies and the media. The World Congress is held every alternate year in various destinations around the world.
4) Which of the following is the only Indian company to make it to ’50 Most Innovative Companies’ list published by US-based business publication Fast Company?
• India-based global audio and music streaming service JioSaavn announced that it has secured the first rank India-wise and 28th rank globally in the 2019 list of “50 Most Innovative Companies”. JioSaavn is the only Indian company that made it to the list, published by US-based business publication Fast Company.
• The music streaming company which was formed in October 2018 when streaming start-up Saavn merged with telecom giant Reliance’s JioMusic services, offers more than 40 million tracks in 15 regional languages for 38 million monthly active users.
5) Which of the following countries recently recorded the highest team total in Twenty20 International Cricket?
c) Sri Lanka
• Afghanistan, which became the 12th Test-playing nation last year, added another feather to its cap by recording the highest team total in Twenty20 International.
• Batting first against Ireland in the second T20I in Dehradun, Afghanistan posted 278 for three, going past Australia’s 263 for three against Sri Lanka a little more than two years ago.