News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 27 Feb 2019
- March 1, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Rail Drishti Dashboard, recently launched by the Railway Ministry, aims at providing a platform for
a) Railway employee grievances
b) Passenger grievances
c) Live feeds of IRCTC kitchens
d) None of the above
• Union Minister Piyush Goyal launched Rail Drishti Dashboard, an online portal containing information related to passenger and freight trains and links to live feeds of IRCTC kitchens.
2) The recently test fired Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air Missile intends to replace which of the following existing missiles of India?
• India successfully tested the indigenously developed Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air (QRSAM) short range missile. Developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and other related establishments, QRSAM has a capability of engaging multiple targets, was test-fired from Integrated Test Range (ITR) Chandipur, off the Odisha Coast.
• This missile has been developed by India to replace the ‘Akash’ missile defence system, and has 360-degree coverage, light weight, high mobility and shorter second reaction time as compared to ‘Akash’.
• It also uses solid fuel propellant and has a stated range of strike range of 25-30 km with capability of hitting multiple targets.
3) “Delhi Declaration” recently seen in news is related to
b) Global warming
c) Ozone layer protection
d) Digital health
• “This Delhi Declaration on digital health firmly aligns with our Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s Digital India.” This was stated by Shri Ashwini Kumar Choubey, Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare, at the concluding session of the ‘4th Global Digital Health Partnership Summit,’
• As part of the high-level summit, the ministers and delegation also adopted the Delhi Declaration on digital health for sustainable development, which called for WHO’s leadership in digital health and for it to establish a specific mechanism to centrally coordinate digital health to assist its Member State
4) ‘Ricexpert’ App, that provides information to farmers in real time, has recently been launched by
a) NITI Aayog
b) ICAR-National Rice Research Institute
d) Centre for Cellular & Molecular Biology
• The ICAR-NRRI ‘ricexpert’ App provides information to farmers in real time on insect pests, nutrients, weeds, nematodes and disease-related problems, rice varieties for different ecologies, farm implements for different field and post-harvest operations.
• It is a web-based application system which facilitates flow of information from the farmer to the farm scientist and get their instant solution. Farmers can use this App as a diagnostic tool in their rice fields and make customize queries for quick solution of their problems by sending text, photo and recorded voice and solution received through SMS.
5) ”Astounding Bhagavad Gita”, billed as the largest principle sacred text ever to be printed, has recently been unveiled in
a) ISKCON temple, Delhi
b) Khajuraho temple
c) Padmanabhaswamy temple
d) Meenakshi Amman temple
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled a giant Bhagavad Gita, running into 670 pages and weighing 800 kg, at the ISKCON temple in Delhi
• Dubbed the ”Astounding Bhagavad Gita”, and measuring 2.8 m by 2 m, it is billed as the “largest principle sacred text ever to be printed,” according to ISCKON.
• The International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON), known colloquially as the Hare Krishna movement, is a worldwide confederation of more than 400 temples and runs 100 vegetarian restaurants and a wide variety of community serving projects.