News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 28 Feb 2019
- March 2, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Inclusive Internet Index 2019 is prepared annually by
a) World Bank
b) World Economic Forum
c) International Telecommunication Union
d) Economist Intelligence Unit
• India has been ranked 47th in the overall “Inclusive Internet Index 2019” score while Sweden topped the chart, followed by Singapore and the US, a Facebook-led study has revealed.
• According to the Inclusive Internet Index (3i) prepared by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) for Facebook, there are demonstrable benefits from comprehensive female e-inclusion policies, digital skills programmes and targets for women and girls to study science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
2) National Science Day is celebrated each year on
a) March 2nd
b) February 28th
c) May 23rd
d) October 1st
• National Science Day is celebrated in India on 28 February each year to mark the discovery of the Raman effect by Indian Physicist Sir C V Raman on 28 February 1928. For his discovery, Sir C.V. Raman was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1930
3) Technology Support and Outreach (TECH-SOP) Programme, to educate MSMEs, is an initiative of
a) NITI Aayog
b) Ministry of Science and Technology
d) Ministry of MSME
• The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises is organizing a programme on Technology Support and Outreach (TECH-SOP).
• The objective of the programme is to educate MSMEs and enhance their awareness about latest technological innovation available and sensitize them on the role of technology in creating competitiveness and opportunities.
4) ‘Titanwala Museum’, that showcases the Chhipa community’s hand-block printing, was recently inaugurated in
• Union Textiles Minister SmritiIrani inaugurated the ‘Titanwala Museum’ in Bagru that showcases the Chhipa community’s hand-block printing.
5) SHREYAS scheme, recently launched, is related to
a) Apprenticeship andskill training
d) Heritage and Culture
• The Minister for Human Resources Development, Shri Prakash Javadekarhas launched the Scheme for Higher Education Youth in Apprenticeship and Skills (SHREYAS) for providing industry apprenticeship opportunities to the general graduates exiting in April 2019 through the National Apprenticeship Promotional Scheme (NAPS).
• SHREYASis a programme basket comprising the initiatives of three Central Ministries, namely the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship and the Ministry of Labour& Employment viz the National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS), the National Career Service (NCS)and introduction of BA/BSc/B. Com (Professional) courses in the higher educational institutions.