News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 02 Mar 2019
- March 4, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) task force on the offshore rupee market will be headed by
a) Shaktikant Das
b) Ratan Watal
c) Usha Thorat
d) Bimal Jalan
• The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has formed a task force on the offshore rupee market. It will be headed by former Deputy Governor Usha Thorat and will recommend steps for ensuring the stability of the currency.
• The task force shall examine the issues relating to the offshore rupee markets in depth and recommend appropriate policy measures that also factor in the requirement of ensuring the stability of the external value of the rupee
2) Which of the following companies has been recognised as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute?
a) Tata Steel
c) Reliance India Ltd
• Private steel major Tata Steel has been recognised as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute, a global leader in defining and advancing the standards of ethical business practices, for 2019
• With this, Tata Steel has got the recognition eight times in the ‘Metals, Minerals and Mining’ category.
3) Border Security Force (BSF) recently conducted a three-day ‘Mainamati Maitree Exercise 2019 with the border guards of
• Border Security Force (BSF) and Border Guards Bangladesh (BGB) concluded a three-day ‘Mainamati Maitree Exercise 2019’ as a part of ‘Confidence Building Measures’ between the two border guards.
• The main objective of this exercise was to plan and conduct anti-smuggling and anti-criminal activity related operations with ultimate aim of achieving better joint operational efficiency and border management.
4) Zero Discrimination Day, celebrated annually on March 1, is related to
c) HIV AIDS
• On 1 March, people around the world join together to celebrate Zero Discrimination Day.
• The UN first celebrated Zero Discrimination Day on March 1, 2014, after UNAIDS, a UN program on human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), launched its Zero Discrimination Campaign on World AIDS Day in December 2013.
5) Assam Agri-business and Rural Transformation (APART) project, which recently launched ‘Rice Knowledge Bank – Assam’, is funded by
b) Asian Development Bank
c) New Development Bank
d) World Bank
• An agriculture web portal ‘Rice Knowledge Bank – Assam’ under the World Bank-funded project Assam Agri-business and Rural Transformation (APART)
• The portal aims to bridge the gap between research and on-field rice production practices. This website is a digital extension service providing practical knowledge solutions, especially for small-scale farmers in Assam