News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 04 Mar 2019
- March 6, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) The recently approved Centre for Disability Sports will be set up in
• The union cabinet has approved the setting up of a Centre for Disability Sports in Gwalior, a move which is likely to benefit para-sports in the country.
• Section 30 of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (RPwD) Act, 2016, requires the government to take measures to ensure “effective participation of Persons with Disabilities in sports activities which includes the provision of infrastructural facilities for sports activities for them”.
2) Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) plenary meet, for which India has been invited for the first time, will be held in
c) Abu Dhabi
• Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj will attend the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) Meet in Abu Dhabi as guest of honour.
• The OIC, founded in 1969, has invited India to participate in its plenary session for the first time.
3) Who among the following recently won the ATP Tour title at the Dubai Tennis Championships?
a) Roger Federer
b) Rafael Nadal
c) Novak Djokovic
d) Stefanos Tsitsipas
• Roger Federer has won his 100th ATP Tour title at the Dubai Tennis Championships – 6,600 days after winning his first in Milan.
• The 37-year-old Swiss – a 20-time Grand Slam champion – beat Greece’s Stefanos Tsitsipas 6-4 6-4.
4) World Wildlife Day is observed annually on
a) June 5th
b) August 22nd
c) May 4th
d) March 3rd
• High-level representatives from UN member states and international organizations gathered at the United Nations Headquarters to celebrate the UN World Wildlife Day under the theme ‘Life below water: for people and planet.’
• World Wildlife Day 2019, which falls on 3 March, focuses on marine species and aligns closely with the Sustainable Development Goal 14 – Life below water. It is an opportunity to raise awareness about the breathtaking diversity of marine wildlife, the benefits it brings to our everyday lives as well as ways to ensure that it can continue to do so for generations to come.
5) Which among the following districts leapt to overall No.1 ranking in NITI Aayog’s latest Delta ranking?
• Assam’s Hailakandi has made a giant leap from 52 position to the No.1 slot among the aspirational districts of India, according to the Delta ranking released by NITI Aayog.
• In the championsofchange.gov.in portal of the NITI Aayog, Hailakandi has been given the overall No.1 ranking among the 112 aspirational districts of India on the basis of Delta ranking covering performance in November-December 2018 and in January 2019.
• Kondagaon of Chhattisgarh follows next.