News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 06 Mar 2019
- March 8, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) According to the recently released World Air Quality Report, which among the following is the most polluted city in the world in 2018?
• A recent report by NGO Greenpeace and IQ Air Visual asserted that seven of the world’s top ten cities with the worst air quality in 2018 are in India. Titled ‘IQAirAirVisual 2018 World Air Quality Report’ the report was a compilation of air quality data from public and private monitoring sources.
• According to the report, Gurugram in Haryana was identified as the city with the worst air quality in the world in 2018 at an annual average concentration of pollutant PM 2.5 at 135.8 micrograms per cubic meter (ug/m3).
2) Exercise Al Nagah III is a bilateral joint exercise between India and
• Exercise Al Nagah III, third in the series of bilateral joint exercise between India and Oman is scheduled to be held from 12 to 25 March 2019 at Jabel Al Akhdar Mountains in Oman.
• The exercise will see both the armies exchanging expertise and experience in tactics, weapon handling and firing, with an aim to enhance interoperability in counterterrorist operations in semi urban mountainous terrain.
3) Who among the following was recently appointed as the first female prime minister of Estonia?
a) Margaret May
c) Helle Thorning-Schmidt
d) Hilda Heine
• In the parliamentary election in Estonia, the center-right Reform party won 29.4% of the vote, setting up its leader KajaKallas to become the first female prime minister of the Baltic country, so long as she can form a coalition government.
• Kallas, a 41-year-old lawyer and a former member of the EU Parliament who specialized on digital issues, and the Reform party now must negotiate with other parties to create a government coalition
4) The recently released central government’s STARS scheme is related to
d) Science education and innovation
• On the occasion of National Science Day, the Union Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javadekarlaunched Scheme for Translational and Advanced Research in Science (STARS) scheme worth ₹250 crores for funding 500 science projects.
• The 500 science projects will be shortlisted on the basis of competition. The competition for shortlisting 500 science projects will be headed or coordinated under the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
• The aspiring candidates will be required to submit their applications for appearing for the competition. The applications will be released in April 2019. The HRD Minister tweeted to inform people about the competition and the application process.
5) ‘AzaadiKeDiwane’ museum, whichpays homage to all the unsung heroes of freedom struggle,was recently inaugurated at
a) India Gate
b) Raj Ghat
c) Red Fort
d) Swaraj Island
• The Minister of State for Culture (Independent charge) and Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Dr. Mahesh Sharma inaugurated ‘AzaadikeDiwane’ museum at Red Fort, Delhi
• Created by Archaeological Survey of India (ASI), the museum within the Red Fort complex pays homage to all the unsung heroes of freedom struggle of the nation, who would have otherwise been merged away in forgetfulness