News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 09 Mar 2019
- March 11, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Who among the following Indians has been named Chief Scientist of the WHO recently?
a) Gita Gopinath
b) Soumya Swaminathan
c) Yamuna Krishnan
d) Nandini Harinath
• Soumya Swaminathan, a Deputy Director-General of the World Health Organisation has been named Chief Scientist of the WHO.
• The new position, a component of Ghebreyesus’s long-standing idea of ushering in reforms at the WHO, has specially been created for Swaminathan
2) Marayoor Jaggery, which was recently awarded GI tag, belongs to which district of Kerala?
• The Marayoor jaggery, the traditional and handmade product from Idukki district, has finally received the Geographical Indication (GI) tag from central government.
• Produced in Marayoor, this jaggery is made from sugarcane and no chemicals are added during the manufacturing process. Workers from Onakkallur, a village in Udumalpet in Tamil Nadu, are engaged in the production of the Marayoor jaggery.
3) ‘Jalamrutha’ scheme for water conservation was recently launched by the state of
b) Tamil Nadu
c) Andhra Pradesh
• Karnataka has launched ‘Jalamrutha’ scheme for water conservation
• The initiative aims to create awareness among the people of the state about the invaluable nature of water and the need to conserve it at any cost.
4) Yuvashree Arpan scheme, to encourage entrepreneurship among youth, has recently been launched by the state of
c) West Bengal
• Chief minister Mamata Banerjee unveiled a new scheme Yuvashree Arpan to encourage entrepreneurship among youths.
• Youths who have passed out of ITI or other polytechnic institutes will be eligible to get financial support from the micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME)
5) Who among the following recently became India’s 61st Chess Grandmaster?
a) Parimarjan Negi
b) Iniyan Panneerselvam
c) Gukesh D
d) Aryan Chopra
• For Iniyan Panneerselvam, a 16-year-old from Erode city in Erode district of Tamil Nadu, chess has been more than just a game, it’s been a lifelong passion. The teen who has been playing chess since the age of 5, was conferred with the title of ‘Grandmaster’ on March 6.