News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 11 Mar 2019
- March 13, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Which of the following banks has become the first domestic bank to link the interest rate it offers on savings account deposits to repo rate?
a) Punjab National Bank
b) Axis Bank
d) Indian Overseas Bank
• State Bank of India, the country’s largest lender, has become the first domestic bank to link the interest rate it offers on savings account deposits to an external benchmark — the Reserve Bank of India’s repo rate.
• By doing so, the bank will effectively link all loan rates to an external benchmark either directly or indirectly, thereby attempting to speed up the transmission of any changes in the benchmark monetary policy rate to depositors and borrowers.
2) India’s first ‘Oil Museum’ will come up in the state of
• Assam, the state where oil was discovered and produced for the first time in the country more than a century ago, will have the first Oil Museum in the country.
• All major oil and gas PSUs of the country – ONGC, IOCL, HPCL, BPCL and EIL are coming together for this project
3) Which of the following countries won the first prize in the TV Cinema Spot category at the international Golden City Gate Tourism Awards 2019?
• The Ministry of Tourism, Government of India has won the First Prize in the category of TV Cinema Spot at the prestigious international Golden City Gate Tourism Awards 2019.
• The Golden City Gate Tourism Multi-Media Awards are given annually in various categories related to the Tourism and Hospitality sectors. The ‘Golden City Gate’ is a creative multi-media international competition for countries, cities, regions and hotels. The entries received for the awards are judged by an international jury comprising film and tourism experts. The annual award ceremony takes place at ITB Berlin, the world’s leading tourism trade show.
4) The National Institute of Mental Health Rehabilitation will be set up in the state of
a) Madhya Pradesh
• Mental health and wellbeing had been a neglected area in India. With the GOI taking decision to set up National Institute of Mental Health Rehabilitation (NIMHR) at Sehore in Madhya Pradesh, proper attention would be given to this component of health.
• The Institute will promote mental health rehabilitation using an integrated multidisciplinary approach, to undertake capacity building and to involve in developing trained professionals in the area of mental health rehabilitation and help the Government in formulating policy and programs/models for rehabilitation of persons with mental illness
5) National Immunisation Day 2019 will be held on
a) May 25th
b) March 10th
c) August 1st
d) December 30th
• National Immunisation Day to be held on March 10
• The NID is a campaign approach to deal with polio and came to focus recently when some reports surfaced saying that shortage of polio vaccine was the reason the government was delaying the NID.