News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 15 Mar 2019
- March 17, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1. Africa-India Joint Field Training Exercise (AFINDEX-19) between the Indian Army and 16 African nations will be conducted in
- Africa-India Joint Field Training Exercise (AFINDEX-19) between the Indian Army and 16 African nations will be conducted in Pune from March 18-27
2. Which of the following cities has topped Mercer’s index of most liveable cities for the 10th year in a row?
- New York
- The Austrian capital Vienna has topped Mercer’s index of most liveable cities for the 10th year in a row.
- Known by tourists for its imperial past, gilded palaces and classical music, the city of 1.9 million is also nicknamed “red Vienna” for having long been run by the political left, with cheap public services and abundant social housing.
3. Olive Ridley turtles are found in which of the following oceans?
- Pacific Ocean
- Atlantic Ocean
- Indian Ocean
- All of the above
- In a bid to ensure the safety of turtles during nesting and hatching seasons, there are plans to set up turtle conservation zones along the coastline between December and April every year.
- The Olive Ridley turtles are the smallest and most abundant of all sea turtles found in the world, inhabiting warm waters of the Pacific, Atlantic and Indian oceans. These turtles, along with their cousin the Kemps ridley turtle, are best known for their unique mass nesting called Arribada, where thousands of females come together on the same beach to lay eggs
4. Commonwealth Youth Award for the Asian region was recently awarded to
- D Gukesh
- Padmanaban Gopalan
- Dipa Karmakar
- Ritesh Agarwal
- A social entrepreneur from Tamil Nadu bagged the Commonwealth Youth Award for the Asian region from among hundreds of nominations for his technology-based food rescue organisation.
- Padmanaban Gopalan, founder of No Food Waste, was named the winner of the award worth 3,000 pounds at a ceremony at the Commonwealth Secretariat in London for his work towards achieving the UN’s Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) of Zero Hunger with his innovative system of recovering excess food to distribute to those in need.
5. World Consumer Rights Day is celebrated annually on
- 15th March
- 11th July
- 21st May
- 30th August
- World Consumer Rights Day is celebrated every year on 15 March as part of an initiative by Consumer International, a membership organisation for consumer groups around the world. The day is celebrated every year, to celebrate consumer rights and build a world where everyone has access to safe and sustainable products and services.
- World Consumer Rights Day was inspired by President John F Kennedy, who was the first leader in the world to address the issue of consumer rights in a special message sent to the US Congress on 15 March 1962.