News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 19 Mar 2019
- March 21, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1.Hayabusa 2 spacecraft, which aims at dropping an explosive on the asteroid to make a crater and collect underground samples, belongs to
- Japan’s space agency that its Hayabusa2 spacecraft will follow last month’s touchdown on a distant asteroid with another risky mission — dropping an explosive on the asteroid to make a crater and collect underground samples for possible clues to the origin of the solar system.
- Hayabusa2 made history when it touched down on the boulder-strewn asteroid called Ryugu and collected surface fragments.
2. The joint border operation “Solidarity 2019-2021” will be held under the aegis of which of the following organisations?
- The Shanghai Cooperation Organization’s (SCO) member states will hold a joint anti-terrorism exercise “Sary-Arka-Antiterror 2019,” the Council of the Regional Anti-Terrorist Structure (RATS) of the SCO said.
- Chaired by Russia, the meeting also declared plans to hold the first stage of the joint border operation “Solidarity 2019-2021,” the 7th meeting of the heads of the border services, and training workshops on identifying and preventing the use of the Internet for terrorist, separatist and extremist purposes.
3. ‘i-help’ initiative, to promote digital electoral literacy, has recently been launched in
- The ‘i-help’ initiative to promote digital electoral literacy in Assam has been launched in view of the forthcoming Lok Sabha poll. The ‘i-help’ is a joint initiative of the office of the Chief Electoral Officer(CEO) and Common Service Centres (CSC).
- This particular initiative will fill the digital divide and fulfil the objective of turning the General Election more inclusive and participatory
4. Who among the following is set to be India’s first Lokpal?
- Shaktikant Das
- Pinaki Chandra Ghose
- K. Sikri
- J S Khehar
- Former Supreme Court judge and current member of the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC), Pinaki Chandra Ghose, is likely to be India’s first anti-corruption ombudsman, or Lokpal, after his name was cleared and recommended by the high-level selection committee chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The Lokpal Act, which was passed in 2013 after a nationwide anti-corruption movement, provides for setting up of Lokpal at the centre and Lokayuktas in the States to probe corruption complaints against top functionaries and public servants, including the Prime Minister and the Chief Ministers.
5. Which of the following teams have recently clinched their maiden Indian Super League title?
- FC Goa
- Mumbai City FC
- Bengaluru FC
- FC Pune City
- Bengaluru FC clinched their maiden Indian Super League title as Rahul Bheke found a championship-winning header in the dying minutes of the final against FC Goa