News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 20 Mar 2019
- March 22, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1.Who among the following recently became the first woman to be awarded the Abel Prize for Mathematics?
- Karen Uhlenbeck
- Ingrid Daubechies
- Evelyn Boyd Granville
- Yvonne Choquet-Bruhat
- The Abel Prize in mathematics was awarded to Karen Uhlenbeck of the United States for her work on partial differential equations, the first woman to win the award, the Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters said
2. Which of the following recently became the largest rail coach marker in the world?
- Diesel Locomotive Works, Varanasi
- Electric Locomotive Factory, Madhepura
- Rail Coach Factory, Kapurthala
- Integral Coach Factory, Chennai
- Indian Railways ICF Chennai becomes largest rail coach marker in the world
- This coach factory produced 301 coaches in the month of February, taking the total for this fiscal to 2,919, so this puts the factory among the largest railcar builders in the world.
- This year, ICF Chennai beats top Chinese manufacturers who produce around 2,600 coaches a year. According to official reports, this is the 2nd time in the year, the factory crossed the 300 coaches per month mark.
3. 33rd edition of Coordinated Patrol that commenced at Port Blair is between India and
- Indonesian Naval Ship KRI Sultan Thaha Syaifuddin and Maritime Patrol Aircraft CN-235 led by Cmde Dafit Santoso arrived at Port Blair, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, India for the Opening Ceremony of the 33rd edition of the India-Indonesia Coordinated Patrol (IND-INDO CORPAT) to be held from 19 Mar to 04 Apr 2019.
4. International Day of Happiness is celebrated annually on
- May 30th
- September 1st
- March 20th
- December 15th
- March 20 is the International Day of Happiness and this year’s theme is Happier Together, focusing on what we have in common, rather than what divides us.
5. Which of the following states is taking a census of otters in its protected areas for the first time?
- Uttar Pradesh
- Jammu and Kashmir
- For the first time, Uttar Pradesh is taking a census of otters in its protected areas. The exercise that began in the Pilibhit Tiger Reserve (PTR), will be completed by the end of March.
- A mammal, an otter spends much of its time in or close to water bodies. Otters live on fish.
- PTR is in the foothills of the Himalayas, south of Nepal. Covering an area of approximately 800 square kilometres, the reserve sprawls across parts of Pilibhit, Lakhimpur Kheri and Bahraich districts.