News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 25 Mar 2019
- March 27, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1. Which of the following will be the world’s first city to install wireless charging stations for electric taxis?
- New York
- Oslo will be the world’s first city to install wireless charging stations for electric taxis, in a bid to make a zero-emission cab system by as early as 2023.
- The project aims to install wireless charging using induction technology. Charging plates are installed in the ground where the taxi is parked and a receiver is installed in the taxi. This allows for charging up to 75 kilowatts. The project will be the first wireless fast-charging infrastructure for electric taxis anywhere in the world, and will also help the further development of wireless charging technology for all EV drivers
2. Chinook, recently inducted into one of the armed forces, is a/an
- Nuclear submarine
- Aircraft carrier
- Anti-tank missile
- Indian Air Force (IAF) formally inducted the four heavy-lift Chinook helicopters.
- The Chinook helicopter has fully integrated digital cockpit management system and is capable of transporting fully-equipped infantry soldiers for specialised operations.
- A multi-mission heavy-left transport helicopter, Chinook will be used to move troops, artillery, ammunition, supplies and equipment on the battlefield.
- Once inducted, the choppers will also help to help to lift M-777 ultra-light howitzers of the Indian armed forces. Its 24X7, all-weather operational capabilities are crucial for India Air Force, which operates in some of the most hostile terrains in the world.
3. Who has been appointed as the chairman of the high-level committee to work towards deepening digital payments in India by RBI?
- Bimal Jalan
- Shaktikant Das
- Nandan Nilekani
- Amitabh Kant
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has appointed Nandan Nilekani, co-founder of Infosys, as the chairman of a five-member high-level committee that will work towards deepening digital payments in India.
- The committee’s major role will be to review the existing status of digitisation of payments in the country, identify the current gaps in the ecosystem and suggest ways to bridge them, according to the RBI.
4. Global Energy Transition Index has recently been released by
- World Economic Forum
- International Energy Agency
- Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries
- India has moved up two places to rank 76th on a global energy transition index, which has ranked 115 economies on how well they are able to balance energy security and access with environmental sustainability and affordability.
- Sweden remains on the top on this annual list compiled by Geneva-based World Economic Forum (WEF) and is followed by Switzerland and Norway in the top three
5. Who among the following has recently been appointed as the new Chief of Navy?
- D. Vogra
- Vishwas Gaur
- Karambir Singh
- The government named Vice Admiral Karambir Singh as the next chief of naval staff. Singh, who will succeed Admiral Sunil Lanba who retires on May 30, will be the first helicopter pilot to occupy the office of Navy chief.
- Singh superseded Commander-in-Chief of the Andaman and Nicobar Command, Vice Admiral Bimal Verma, for the post. Verma, younger brother of former Navy Chief Admiral Nirmal Kumar Verma, hasn’t headed either the Western or the Eastern Naval command, which is considered essential for anyone to be considered for the top post.