News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 28 Mar 2019
- March 30, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1. Who among the following recently received Croatia’s highest civilian order, the Grand Order of the King of Tomislav?
- Narendra Modi
- Donald Trump
- Ram Nath Kovind
- Dr. Manmohan Singh
- President Ram Nath Kovind received Croatia’s highest civilian order, the Grand Order of the King of Tomislav, during his official visit to the nation
- The civilian order is awarded to heads of state for their contribution towards the strengthening of ties between the European nation and their respective country, amongst other things
2. Golan Heights, recently seen in news, is a disputed territory between which of the following two countries?
- USA and Mexico
- Iran and Iraq
- India and China
- Israel and Syria
- S. President Donald Trump said that the United States should back Israeli sovereignty over the Golan Heights, seized from Syria in 1967.
- The Golan Heights were part of Syria until 1967, when Israel captured most of the area in the Six Day War, occupying it and annexing it in 1981. That unilateral annexation was not recognized internationally, and Syria demands the return of the territory.
3. Which among the following has launched India-specific tools called “Candidate Connect” and “Share You Voted”, to boost civic engagement?
- NITI Aayog
- Election Commission of India
- Social-networking site Facebook launched two new India-specific tools called “Candidate Connect” and “Share You Voted”, to boost civic engagement on its platform during the general elections that commence in April.
- While “Candidate Connect” will help people learn more about candidates, the “Share You Voted” will provide people with polling information and enable them to announce and celebrate their vote.
4. In which of the following Indian states is the world’s highest polling station located?
- Jammu and Kashmir
- Himachal Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh
- The world’s highest polling station is now in the sleepy hamlet of Tashigang in the Buddhist-dominated Lahaul-Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh at an altitude of 15,256 feet.
- This polling station falls in one of the 17 assembly segments that form the Mandi Lok Sabha seat, the second largest constituency in the country.
- Located around 29 km from the India-China border, this polling station covers two villages of Tashigang and Gete. As per the revised electoral rolls, the two villages have 48 voters, of which 30 are men and 18 women.
5. Which of the following countries have successfully tested the anti-satellite (ASAT) missile so far?
- India has successfully tested the anti-satellite (ASAT) missile.
- So far, only three countries were in this club – America, Russia and China. Now India has become the fourth country to develop this capability