News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 30 Mar 2019
- April 1, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1. The third iteration of biennial, bilateral exercise AUSINDEX ‘19 between India and Australia will be held in
- The cooperation between India and Australia on shared maritime security interests in the Indian Ocean is set to rise to a new level with the third iteration of their biennial, bilateral exercise AUSINDEX 19 off the coast of Vishakhapatnam in Bay of Bengal from 2-16 April.
- It will see the largest ever Australian Defence Force Joint Task Force comprising Navy, Army and Air Force assets to visit India.
2. Who among the following has been conferred with the Pravasi Bhartiya Samman Award 2019?
- Dr Rajendra Joshi
- Mala Mehta
- Satya Nadella
- Vasdev Chanchlani
- Swiss-based NRI scientist Dr. Rajendra Joshi has been conferred with the Pravasi Bhartiya Samman Award by the President of India Ram Nath Kovind.
- Through the Rajendra and Ursula Joshi Group (RUJ) group, Dr. Joshi has committed investments in excess of Rs 1000 crore in the areas including healthcare, Swiss precision technology, education and skill development in India.
3. State of Global Climate Report was recently released by
- World Meteorological Organisation
- The WMO’s annual state of global climate report says Earth is nearly 1 degree Celsius warmer than when the industrial age started.
- The planet may see temperatures increase 3-5C by the end of the century.
- The United Nations’ weather agency says extreme weather last year hit 62 million people worldwide and forced two million people to relocate as man-made climate change worsened.
4. Which of the following coffee varieties were recently awarded GI tags?
- Coorg Arabica
- Wayanad Robusta
- Chikmaglur Arabica
- All of the above
- The government said it has awarded Geographical Indication (GI) tag to five varieties of Indian coffee including Coorg Arabica.
- The move is expected to help the growers get maximum price for their premium produce.
- The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, has recently awarded this tag to — Coorg Arabica coffee from Karnataka, Wayanad Robusta coffee from Kerala, Chikmaglur Arabica from Karnataka, Araku Valley Arabica from Andhra Pradesh, and Bababudangiris Arabica coffee from Karnataka.
5. The hump-backed mahseer, recently added to the Red List as Critically Endangered, is found in which river?
- The hump-backed mahseer, found in the waters of the Cauvery, has been added to the Red List as Critically Endangered
- It is a large freshwater fish also called the tiger of the water and found only in the Cauvery river basin (including Kerala’s Pambar, Kabini and Bhavani rivers)