News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 02 Apr 2019
- April 4, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) ‘Café Scientifique’, to promote science among public in an interesting way, was recently launched in
• Science is often seen as boring, difficult and mathematical for many, but a group of science experts of the Hume Centre for Ecology and Wildlife Biology in Kerala are gearing up to launch ‘Café Scientifique’ to promote science among public in an interesting way.
• Café Scientifique, the first such initiative in the State, envisages to bring science back into popular culture by demystifying scientific research for the public and empowering non-scientists to comfortably assess science and technology issues, particularly those that impact social policy making
2) ‘Kandhamal Haldi’, which was recently awarded GI tag, belongs to the state of
d) Himachal Pradesh
• ‘Kandhamal Haldi’, a variety of turmeric indigenous to southern Odisha, has earned the Geographical indication (GI) tag from Intellectual Property India, an organisation functioning under the auspices of the Union ministry of commerce & industry.
• The recognition coincided with the state’s Foundation Day (Utkal Divas). Odisha, on April 1, 1936, was carved out as a separate state in the then British India on a linguistic identity.
3) Which of the following is Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and India’s first electronic surveillance satellite?
• The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) launched the country’s first electronic surveillance satellite, EMISAT, from Sriharikota in coastal Andhra Pradesh
• PSLV-C45 has successfully injected the ISRO-made EMISAT in a 748-km orbit as well as 28 customer satellites in a 504-km orbit as sought by the customers.
4) World Autism Awareness Day is celebrated annually on
a) February 28th
b) September 30th
c) April 2nd
d) December 26th
• Each year on April 2, World Autism Awareness Day is an effort to not only speak out against the discrimination of people with autism, but also recognize the potential of people living with it.
5) Which of the following countries recently launched a new-generation data relay satellite Tianlian II-01?
• China has successfully launched the first of its new-generation data relay satellites into orbit that will provide data relay, measurement and control services for its manned spacecraft.
• The Tianlian II-01 satellite was launched by a Long March-3B carrier rocket from the Xichang Satellite Launch Centre in southwest China’s Sichuan Province
• It will provide data relay, measurement and control, transmission services for manned spacecraft, satellites, carrier rockets and other non-spacecraft users.