News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 03 Apr 2019
- April 5, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) US has agreed for sale of 24 Seahawks to India. What are MH-60 ‘Romeo’ Seahawks?
a) Fighter jets
c) Air defence systems
d) Aircraft carriers
• The US has approved the sale of 24 multi-role MH-60 ‘Romeo’ Seahawk helicopters to India at an estimated cost of $ 2.6 billion
• It will provide the Indian defence forces the capability to perform anti-surface and anti-submarine warfare missions
• The sale will improve the security of a major defence partner which continues to be an important force for political stability, peace, and economic progress in the Indo-Pacific and South Asia region
2) ‘Maitri Bridge’, recently built by the Indian Army, is located over which of the following rivers?
• Indian Army builds the longest suspension bridge over Indus river in Leh, Ladakh! In a major boost to connectivity in remote areas in Ladakh, the Indian Army has built a 260-feet long bridge.
• The cable suspension bridge was opened for the public. It has been renamed as ‘Maitri Bridge’
• Indian Army undertook the operation to construct a bridge after the Civil Administration the forces to build the infrastructure. The bridge was constructed to help residents Choglamsar, Stok and Chuchot villages which are the largest ones in Ladakh region.
3) Japan recently unveiled a new name for the imperial era that begins on May 1, when Crown Prince Naruhito ascends the Chrysanthemum Throne. The new era is called
• Japan unveiled a new name for the imperial era that begins on May 1, when Crown Prince Naruhito ascends the Chrysanthemum Throne.
• “Reiwa” will be the name for the new era when Naruhito succeeds his father, Emperor Akihito, whose abdication on April 30 will end the 31-year Heisei era.
• The imperial era name, or “gengo”, is used on documents, newspapers, calendars and coins. It is the way many Japanese count years, although use of the Western calendar is becoming more widespread, and many use the two systems interchangeably.
4) Which of the following countries has recently launched the first national 5G networks?
c) South Korea
• South Korea launched the world’s first nationwide 5G mobile networks two days early, its top mobile carriers said, giving a handful of users access in a late-night scramble to provide the super-fast wireless technology.
• Hyper-wired South Korea has long had a reputation for technical prowess, and Seoul had made the 5G rollout a priority as it seeks to stimulate stuttering economic growth.
5) Who among the following became the first Indian man to break into top 10 of PSA world rankings in Sqaush?
a) Ramit Tandon
b) Vikram Malhotra
c) Mahesh Mangaonkar
d) Saurav Ghosal
• Saurav Ghosal became the first Indian male player to break into the top 10 after the men’s Professional Squash Association world rankings for April was released
• It has been an incredible month for Ghosal who made it to the quarter-finals of the 2018-2019 PSA World Championships for the first time in his career. He also reached the quarter-finals of the prestigious Grasshopper Cup that was held in Switzerland.