News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 04 Apr 2019
- April 6, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) UAE has recently honoured who among the following with Zayed Medal?
a) Dr. Manmohan Singh
b) Arun Jaitley
c) Narendra Modi
d) Ram Nath Kovind
• The UAE announced it will honour Prime Minister Narendra Modi with the prestigious Zayed Medal for playing a “pivotal role” in giving a “big boost” to the bilateral strategic ties.
• President of the UAE Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan made the announcement to confer the Prime Minister with the award, the highest decoration awarded to kings, presidents and heads of states.
2) Centre for Cellular & Molecular Biology (CCMB) is located in the city of
• Scientists at the Centre for Cellular & Molecular Biology (CCMB) have discovered a new enzyme which helps in breaking cell walls of bacteria and hence, offers a potential for a new drug delivery route to arrest the anti-bacterial resistance through existing antibiotic drugs.
3) International Day for Mine Awareness is celebrated annually on
a) September 12th
b) April 4th
c) January 7th
d) December 10th
• 2019 Theme: “United Nations Promotes SDGs – Safe Ground – Safe Home”
• On 8 December 2005, the General Assembly declared that 4 April of each year shall be observed as the International Day for Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action.
• It called for continued efforts by States, with the assistance of the United Nations and relevant organizations, to foster the establishment and development of national mine-action capacities in countries where mines and explosive remnants of war constitute a serious threat to the safety, health and lives of the civilian population, or an impediment to social and economic development at the national and local levels.
4) Who decides the limits for Ways and Means Advances (WMA) for the financial year?
a) Ministry of Finance
b) Finance Commission
c) NITI Aayog
• The Reserve Bank of India, in consultation with the Government of India, has decided that the limits for Ways and Means Advances (WMA) for the first half of the financial year 2019-20 (April 2019 to September 2019) will be Rs 75000 crore.
• The Reserve Bank may trigger fresh floatation of market loans when the Government of India utilises 75% of the WMA limit.
5) The NuGen Mobility Summit, 2019 was held in which city?
• The International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT) is organizing a NuGen Mobility Summit, 2019, at Manesar, NCR, from 27th to 29th November 2019.
• The objective of the Summit is to share new ideas, learnings, global experiences, innovations and future technology trends for faster adoption, assimilation and development of advanced automotive technologies for a smarter and greener future. This event will help in building a platform for bringing together all stakeholders in the automotive industry to understand global advancements in technologies.