News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 06 Apr 2019
- April 8, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Which of the following is India’s first carbon-positive settlement?
• Phayeng is a scheduled caste village of the Chakpa community in Imphal West district and its conservation efforts are mainly linked to the belief that the forest is a sacred grove, but the idea has changed over the years.
• Amid the ongoing debate over the role of forest dwellers in conservation, a village that is home to 660 households in Manipur is using its lush community-managed forest to develop itself as India’s first carbon-positive settlement.
• A village is given the carbon-positive tag if it sequesters more carbon than it emits, slowing the accumulation of greenhouse gases and mitigating the effects of climate change.
2) Who among the following was recently named the President of World Bank?
a) James Mattis
b) David Malpass
c) Robert B. Zoellick
d) Paul Wolfowitz
• David Malpass, US President Donald Trump’s nominee to lead the World Bank, won unanimous approval from the institution’s executive board, continuing the 73-year tradition of an American running the world’s largest development lender.
3) Who among the following became the 1st Indian to be elected as member of FIFA Executive Council?
a) Sunil Chhetri
b) Praful Patel
c) Karanjit Singh
d) None of the above
• All India Football Federation president Praful Patel has become the first Indian to be elected as a member of the FIFA Executive Council. He got 38 out of 46 votes.
• Mr. Patel was one of the eight candidates vying for the spot in the election which was held during the 29th Asian Football Confederations Congress in Kuala Lumpur.
• The membership in the council will be for four years, from 2019 to 2023.
4) Union government’s FAME II scheme, recently launched, is related to
a) Electric vehicles
b) Wind energy
c) Intellectual Property rights
d) Higher education
• The NITI Aayog and the Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI) released a report on opportunities for the automobile sector and government under the Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Electric Vehicles II (FAME II) scheme.
• The technical report titled ‘India’s Electric Mobility Transformation: Progress to Date and Future Opportunities’, quantifies the direct oil and carbon savings that the vehicles incentivized under FAME II will deliver.
5) Gudi Padava, the Hindu new year, is celebrated in the state of
b) Himachal Pradesh
• The Hindu New Year is being welcomed in different with traditional festivities and celebrations. The Chaitra Sukladi, Ugadi, Gudi Padava, Navareh, Navroz and Chetti Chand are the same festivals in different names, marking the occasion.
• Gudi Padava is celebrated in Maharashtra while Ugadi is the Lunar New Year in Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka.
• The day is being celebrated as the Chaitra Sukladi in northern parts of the country as it marks the beginning of Chaitra Navratri and Vikram Samvat.