News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 10 Apr 2019
1) Veer Parivaar App is an interface between which of the following paramilitary force and next of kin of the slain personnel?
d) All of the above
• President Kovind launches ‘CRPF veer pariwar mobile’ app to help families of martyrs.
• The app will show the financial benefit provided to the families of martyrs and the app will also be used to provide other kind of help to martyrs’ families.
• It may be recalled that Bollywood star Akshay Kumar had launched an app named ‘Bharat Ke Veer’ for helping families of martyred central paramilitary forces in 2017. The App and website was launched by Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh.
2) Which among the following doesn’t show on a VVPAT slip?
a) Poll symbol
b) Name of the candidate
c) Photo of the candidate
d) None of the above
• The printer will print a ballot slip containing serial number, name and symbol of the candidate you chose to vote for. See the print out through the glass as the printout will not be given to you.
3) Who is the chairman of Press Council of India?
a) retired judge of the Supreme Court
b) retired Chief Justice of the High Court
c) Minister of Information and Bradcasting
d) None of the above
• The Press Council is headed by a Chairman, who has by convention, been a retired judge of the Supreme Court of India.
• The Council consists of 28 other members of whom 20 represent the press and are nominated by the press organisations/news agencies recognised and notified by the Council as all India bodies of categories such as editors, working journalists and owners and managers of newspaper and news agencies, five members are nominated from the two Houses of Parliament and three represent cultural, literary and legal fields as nominees of the Sahitya Academy, University Grants Commission and the Bar Council of India.
• The members serve on the Council for a term of three years. A retiring member shall be eligible for renomination for not more than one term.
4) The last state of matter to be found is called as
b) Chain melted state.
c) Bose-Einstein condensates
d) Degenerate matter
• Until now, atoms in physical matter were understood to exist typically in one of three states — solid, liquid or gas. An international team of physicists led by the University of Edinburgh has found, however, that some elements can, when subjected to extreme conditions, take on the properties of both solid and liquid states.
5) Which of the following country topped as the world’s top recipient of remittances according to the World Bank report on remittances?
• India has retained its position as the world’s top recipient of remittances – money sent back home by its nationals working abroad – in 2018, the World Bank said in a report. The Indian diaspora has sent $79 billion (approximately Rs 5.5 lakh crore) home.
• Remittances grew by more than 14% in India, where a flooding disaster in Kerala likely boosted the financial help that migrants sent to families.