News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 12 Apr 2019
- April 14, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Who among the following was recently awarded Russia’s highest civilian award ‘Order of St Andrew the Apostle’?
a) Narendra Modi
b) Donald Trump
c) Angela Merkel
d) Margaret May
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been honoured with Russia’s highest state decoration, the Order of St Andrew the Apostle, for his role in promoting close ties between the two countries.
• The Russian government said Modi is given the highest state decoration of Russia for “exceptional services” in promoting a special and privileged strategic partnership between Russia and India and friendly relations between the Russian and Indian peoples.
2) Which among the following is the most powerful operational rocket in the world?
a) Delta IV Heavy
b) Falcon Heavy
c) GSLV Mark III
• The most powerful operational rocket in the world, SpaceX’s Falcon Heavy, launched its first commercial mission from Florida in a key demonstration for billionaire entrepreneur Elon Musk’s space company in the race to grasp lucrative military launch contracts.
• The 23-story-tall Heavy, which previously launched Musk’s cherry red Tesla roadster to space in a 2018 debut test flight, blasted off from Florida’s Kennedy Space Center carrying its first customer payload.
3) Which of the following emerged as India’s top bank as per the Forbes magazines’ ‘World’s Best Bank’ survey?
d) Kotak Mahindra
• HDFC Bank emerged as the country’s top bank as per the Forbes magazines’ ‘World’s Best Bank’ survey that it conducted jointly with market research firm Statista
4) What is India’s population average annual growthrate between 2010 and 2019 according to United Nations?
• India’s population grew at an average annual rate of 1.2 per cent between 2010 and 2019 to 1.36 billion, more than double the annual growth rate of China, according to a report by the United Nations Population Fund
• According to the report, in India, total fertility rate per woman was 5.6 in 1969, dropping to 3.7 in 1994 and 2.3 in 2019.
5) Which of the following telescopes recently released the first ever black hole image?
a) Hubble Space Telescope
c) Swift Gamma Ray Burst Explorer
d) Event Horizon
• Event Horizon Telescope releases first ever black hole image
• Their target was a nearby galaxy dubbed M87 and its supermassive black hole, which packs the mass of six and half billion suns. Despite its size, the black hole is so far from Earth – 53 million light-years – that capturing the image took a telescope the size of the planet.