News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 13 Apr 2019
- April 15, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Who is the infamous co-founder of Wikileaks Who was recently arrested in London?
a) Edward Snowden
b) Jeffrey Wigand
c) Coleen Rowley
d) Julian Assange
• Wikileaks co-founder Julian Assange has been arrested at the Ecuadorian embassy in London.
• He now faces US federal conspiracy charges related to one of the largest ever leaks of government secrets.
2) India recently tested Nirbhay For its induction into the armed forces. What is Nirbhay?
a) Aircraft carrier
b) Unmanned aerial vehicle
c) Sub-Sonic cruise missile
d) Supersonic ballistic missile
• India successfully test fired a sub-sonic cruise missile Nirbhay off the Odisha coast.
• The 1,000-km range missile was fired for a shorter range from a launch pad from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur in Balasore district
• Indigenously developed by the Defence Research Development Organisation (DRDO), the Nirbhay missile can carry warheads of up to 300 kg
3) India’s first-of-its-kind ‘Voter Park’ aimed at increasing voter awareness was recently inaugurated in
• India’s first-of-its-kind ‘Voter Park’ was inaugurated in Gurugram, aimed at increasing voter awareness and educating people about the electoral process.
• At the park, voters will get information about the polling process and the history of elections in the country
4) Who among the following has been selected for the prestigious SaraswatiSamman, 2018?
a) K Siva Reddy
b) Mahabaleshwar Sail
c) Padma Sachdev
• Telugu poet K Siva Reddy has been selected for the prestigious SaraswatiSamman, 2018 for his collection of poetry titled PakkakiOttigilite.
• The award, instituted by the KK Birla Foundation in 1991, is given annually for an outstanding literary work written in any Indian language and published during the last 10 years.
5) “SaboojSathi” which won the prestigious World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) awards of the United Nation is an initiative of
d) West Bengal
• Two schemes of the West Bengal government for skill development and distribution of bi-cycles to students have won the prestigious World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) awards of the United Nations
• The schemes are “Utkarsh Bangla” and “SaboojSathi”.
• The “Utkarsh Bangla” project aims at creating a pool of skilled candidates who are industry ready, while under the “SaboojSathi” scheme, bi-cycles are distributed to students between class IX and XII studying in government run and government aided schools and madrashas of the state