News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 15 Apr 2019
- April 17, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) ‘Political Leaders Position and Action on Air Quality in India 2014-2019’ report was recently released by
a) Climate Trend
b) Public Affairs Centre
• Delhi is ranked sixth on the list and there has been “laziness” on part of its elected caretakers in tackling air pollution in the city, the ‘Political Leaders Position and Action on Air Quality in India 2014-2019’ report, released by Climate Trends.
2) Homo luzonensis, a new species of ancient humans, was recently discovered in
a) South Africa
• Researchers in the Philippines announced that they have discovered a species of ancient human previously unknown to science.
• The small-bodied hominin, named Homo luzonensis, lived on the island of Luzon at least 50,000 to 67,000 years ago. The hominin—identified from a total of seven teeth and six small bones—hosts a patchwork of ancient and more advanced features.
3) International Day of Human Space Flight is celebrated on
a) 12th April
b) 10th August
c) 15th September
d) 26th February
• The General Assembly, in its resolution A/RES/65/271 of 7 April 2011, declared 12 April as the International Day of Human Space Flight “to celebrate each year at the international level the beginning of the space era for mankind, reaffirming the important contribution of space science and technology in achieving sustainable development goals and increasing the well-being of States and peoples, as well as ensuring the realization of their aspiration to maintain outer space for peaceful purposes.”
4) The Government of India declared April 11th, the anniversary of whose birth as National Safe Motherhood Day?
a) Sarojini Naidu
b) Kasturba Gandhi
c) Mother Teresa
d) Rani Laxmi Bhai
• At the request of WRAI, an alliance of 1800 organizations, in 2003, the Government of India declared April 11th, the anniversary of Kasturba Gandhi’s birth, as National Safe Motherhood Day.
• India is the first country in the world to have officially declared a National Safe Motherhood Day.
5) The State of World Population is an annual report published by
a) World Bank
b) United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
d) Amnesty International
• The State of World Population is an annual report published by the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA).
• Each edition covers and analyses developments and trends in world population and demographics, as well as shedding a light on specific regions, countries and population groups and the unique challenges they face.