News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 16 Apr 2019
- April 18, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) India’s first foreign interactive and exotic world park was recently inaugurated in
• India’s first foreign interactive and exotic world park was inaugurated in Mumbai. Bird lovers are up for a treat with this interactive bird park in Mumbai.
• The park is spread across 1.4 acres and is home to over 500 exotic birds from more than 60 species. The park is equipped with small ponds for aquatic birds, dense cover of trees for birds to incubate their eggs and a water stream that offers drinking water to birds.
2) The world’s first armed amphibious drone boat was developed by
d) South Korea
• China has successfully tested the world’s first armed amphibious drone boat which the Chinese military analysts claimed could be used in land assault operations and is capable of forming a combat triad with aerial drones and other drone ships
• Built by Wuchang Shipbuilding Industry Group under China Shipbuilding Industry Corporation (CSIC), the drone ship, named Marine Lizard, successfully passed delivery checks and left factory in Wuhan
3) Rongali Bihu, a festival that marks the New Year, is celebrated in the state of
• Assam’s Rongali Bihu is more commonly known as Bihu and is a festival that marks the Assamese New Year. It is celebrated to thank god for a great harvest season, and also for welcoming spring. This year, Bihu kicked off on April 14 and is going to be celebrated until April 21, 2019.
4) The winning image of the World Press Photo of the Year is titled
a) Crying Girl on the Border
b) The Cuban Girls
c) Akashinga – the Brave Ones
d) Dakar Fashion
• This year’s overall winning image was Crying Girl, showing a Honduran toddler, Yanela Sanchez, as she and her mother are taken into custody by U.S. border officials in McAllen, Texas, on June 12, 2018, taken by American photographer John Moore, a senior staff photographer and special correspondent for Getty Images.
5) According to WHO, Measles cases rose 300% worldwide recently. Measles is caused by
d) Ring Worm
• Measles cases rose 300% worldwide through the first three months of 2019 compared to the same period last year, the UN, as concern grows over the impact of anti-vaccination stigma
• Measles is a highly contagious infectious disease caused by the measles virus.