News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 17 Apr 2019
- April 19, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Google’s first artificial intelligence lab in Africa was launched in which country?
a) South Africa
d) Sierra Leone
• Google’s first artificial intelligence lab in Africa opened in Ghana.
• The Internet tech giant aims to provide researchers with the necessary tools to build products that can solve Africa’s problems in every field, particularly in health and agriculture.
2) Which organisation/s among the following have launched a private blockchain and quasi-cryptocurrency called “Learning Coin”?
b) World Bank and IMF
d) World Economic Forum
• The International Monetary Fund and the World Bank have launched a private blockchain and quasi-cryptocurrency called “Learning Coin” to better understand the emerging technology.
• The Washington-based multinational agencies stressed that “Learning Coin” will be inaccessible outside the World Bank and the IMF and have no monetary value whatsoever, and is therefore not a real cryptocurrency, like bitcoin.
3) Who among the following is the new prime minister of Palestine?
a) Benjamin Netanyahu
b) Rami Al-Hamdallah
c) Mahmoud Abbas
d) Mohammed Ishtayeh
• The Palestinian president has chosen longtime adviser Mohammed Ishtayeh as his new prime minister, a step that further deepens the rift with the rival Hamas group.
4) Chief of Army Staff General Bipin Rawat recently commissioned the Veera. What is Veera?
a) Anti-tank missile
b) Coast guard ship
c) Man portable missile
d) Artillery gun
• Chief of Army Staff General Bipin Rawat commissioned the Indian Coast Guard Ship Veera at a ceremony held at Naval Jetty at the dockyard.
• Veera, third in the series of offshore patrol vessels of the Coast Guard, was built by L&T at its shipbuilding facility at Kattupalli in Chennai.
5) MHA recently gave nod to rename ‘Durjanpur’ village as ‘Shivdham’. Where is it located?
d) Madhya Pradesh
• The Centre has approved a proposal to change the name of a village in Madhya Pradesh from ‘Durjanpur’ to ‘Shivdham’
• The move came after the Home Ministry got no objection from the Geographical Survey of India (GSI), the Department of Post, the Ministry of Railways and the Ministry of Earth Sciences.