News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 18 Apr 2019
- April 20, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Which of the following countries will host the G20 leaders’ summit in November 2020?
d) Saudi Arabia
• Saudi Arabia will host the annual G20 leaders’ summit on November 21-22, 2020, in its capital, Riyadh
• The G20 is made up of 19 of the world’s biggest economies, as well as the European Union. It formed in 1999 to discuss policy matters and financial stability
2) The International Council on Monuments and Sites is headquartered in
d) New York
• In 1982, ICOMOS established 18 April as the International Day for Monuments and Sites. UNESCO approved it the following year during its 22nd General Conference.
• Since then, 18 April has been a day to celebrate and promote cultural heritage, and an opportunity to raise awareness about its diversity, its relevance, how vulnerable it can be and what the needs and benefits of its conservation are.
• The International Secretariat is located at the headquarters of ICOMOS in Greater Paris.
3) ‘Raavana-1’, recently launched into space, is the first satellite of which country?
a) Sri Lanka
• Sri Lanka’s first satellite ‘Raavana-1’ was launched into space from NASA’s Flight Facility on Virginia’s east shore. ‘Raavana 1’ weights around 1.05 kg and the lifespan of the satellite is around one and a half years.
• The launch marks Sri Lanka’s entry into the global space age.
4) Who among the following was named Indian team’s goodwill ambassador for Street Child Cricket World Cup?
a) Sourav Ganguly
b) Mithali Raj
c) Virat Kohli
d) Rahul Dravid
• Ace cricketer Mithali Raj has been named as the goodwill ambassador of the Indian team for the Street Child Cricket World Cup.
5) Double Asteroid Redirection Test (DART) planetary-defence mission is an initiative of
• NASA announced that SpaceX will fly its Double Asteroid Redirection Test (DART) planetary-defense mission.
• In October 2022, the spacecraft will slam into “Didymoon,” the 540-foot-wide (165 meters) satellite of the near-Earth asteroid Didymos.