News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 20 Apr 2019
- April 22, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Varuna Naval Exercise is conducted between India and which among the following countries?
• India and France to hold largest ever ‘Varuna’ Naval Exercise off Goa coast
• With the objective of expanding their strategic partnership in the Indian Ocean region (IOR), India and France will conduct their largest ever naval exercise ‘Varuna’.
2) ‘Khooni Vaisakhi’ released recently is in commemoration of which of the following events?
a) Civil disobedience movement
b) Kheda satyagraha
c) Jallianwala Bagh
d) Revolt of 1857
• A book containing English translation of the 100-year-old classic Punjabi poem about Jallianwala Bagh massacre, ‘Khooni Vaisakhi’ has been released in Abu Dhabi.
• The poem was translated by Mr. Suri whose grandfather, revolutionary poet and novelist Nanak Singh, a Jallianwala Bagh survivor, wrote it after witnessing first-hand the events of April 13, 1919.
3) Who is NASA’s 1st female astronaut candidate?
a) Jerrie Cobb
b) Sally Ride
c) Peggy Whitson
d) Shannon Lucid
• NASA’s first female astronaut candidate, pilot Jerrie Cobb, has died.
• In 1961, Cobb became the first woman to pass astronaut testing.
4) World Press Freedom Index Report 2018 was published by
a) Public Affairs Index
b) Reporters Without Borders
c) Walk Free Foundation
d) United Nations
• The World Press Freedom Index 2018 compiled by Reporters Without Borders (RSF), reflects growing animosity towards journalists in which India dropped two ranks from 136 to 138.
5) Which of the following is the first molecule that formed in the universe that was detected by NASA’s flying observatory SOFIA?
a) Dihydrogen monosulfide
b) Nitrogen trihydride
c) Dinitrogen tetrahydride
d) Helium hydride
• Helium hydride ion, the first molecule that formed almost 14 billion years ago, was detected by NASA’s flying observatory SOFIA towards a planetary nebula.
• Scientists have detected the most ancient type of molecule in our universe in space for the first time ever.