News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 22 Apr 2019
- April 24, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Who among the following won a landslide victory in the Ukrainian presidential election?
a) Petro Poroshenko
b) Volodymyr Zelenskiy
c) Ihor Kolomoyskyi.
d) None of the above
• Volodymyr Zelenskiy, an actor and comedian with no political experience other than playing the role of president in a TV series, has won a landslide victory in Ukraine’s presidential election, with near-complete counting showing he has won over 70% of the vote.
• The incumbent, Petro Poroshenko conceded defeat before results started coming in.
2) Start-up Ecosystem Rankings were recently published by
a) World Bank
b) NITI Aayog
d) None of the above
• The Indian start-up ecosystem has grown tremendously over the past year, if you look at indicators such as new start-ups, funding and the number of investors in the country. According to data released by StartupBlink, India moved up to 17th position in 2018 from 37th spot last year in the Startup Ecosystem Ranking for 2019.
3) National Earth Day is observed each year on
a) June 5th
b) April 22nd
c) September 20th
d) November 5th
• National Earth Day is observed each year on April 22.
• National Earth Day is held to demonstrate support for environmental protection. Every year around the world, Earth Day organizers promote green campaigns to save the Earth.
4) Mueller Report, recently seen in news, is related to
a) US presidential election
b) Climate change
c) Refugee crisis
d) Trade war
• The U.S Justice Department plans to release a redacted version of Robert Mueller’s report on Russian election interference and the Trump campaign
5) Liquid methane was recently spotted on which of the following celestial bodies?
d) Asteroid Bennu
• Scientists provided the most comprehensive look to date at one of the solar system’s most exotic features: prime lakeside property in the northern polar region of Saturn’s moon Titan
• Using data obtained by NASA’s Cassini spacecraft before that mission ended in 2017 with a deliberate plunge into Saturn, the scientists found that some of frigid Titan’s lakes of liquid hydrocarbons in this region are surprisingly deep while others may be shallow and seasonal.