News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 23 Apr 2019
- April 25, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Cancer Preparedness Index was recently released by
b) Economic Intelligence Unit
d) Centre for Disease Control
• As part of The Economist Events’ War on Cancer Middle East conference, the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) will present the Cancer Preparedness Index, discussing the results of current cancer research and key findings.
2) Candida auris, recently seen in news, is a
• Candida auris (also called C. auris) is a fungus that causes serious infections.
3) Federation of Indian Export Organisations comes under the ministry of
b) External Affairs
d) Commerce and Industry
• FIEO inks pact with Welingkar Institute of Management to support startups in exports
• Under the memorandum of understanding signed with the institute, the Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO) has launched a post graduate programme in foreign trade management (PGP-FTM) at Mumbai.
• Federation of Indian Export Organisations is a trade promotion organisation in India, jointly established in 1965 by the Ministry of Commerce of the Government of India and private trade and industry.
4) The first edition of Naval Commanders’ Conference of 2019 is scheduled to be held at
a) New Delhi
• The first edition of Naval Commanders’ Conference of 2019 is scheduled at New Delhi from 23 to 25 April 2019.
• The conference is the apex forum within the Service for interaction between the Naval Commanders.
• The Chief of the Naval Staff, with the Commanders-in-Chief, will review major operational, materiel, logistics, HR, training and administrative activities undertaken during the previous six months and deliberate upon the course to be steered in the ensuing six months.
5) Asian Tea Alliance (ATA), a union of five tea-growing and consuming countries, includes
d) All of the above
• The Asian Tea Alliance (ATA), a union of five tea-growing and consuming countries, was launched in Guizhou in China, according to industry sources.
• The members of the alliance are the Indian Tea Association, China Tea Marketing Association, Indonesian Tea Marketing Association, Sri Lanka Tea Board and Japan Tea Association.