News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 24 Apr 2019
- April 26, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Which of the following countries has successfully tested the world’s first floating nuclear power plant (NPP)?
• Russia has successfully tested the world’s first floating nuclear power plant (NPP), a subsidiary of Rosatom nuclear corporation confirmed
2) Which of the following countries has released a special commemorative stamp on the theme of Ramayana?
a) Sri Lanka
• Indonesia has released a special commemorative stamp on the theme of Ramayana to mark the 70th anniversary of the establishment of its diplomatic ties with India.
3) Who among the following won India’s first gold medal at the Asian Wrestling Championships in the 65kg category?
a) Sushil Kumar
b) Sakshi Malik
c) Bajrang Punia
d) Vijendar Singh
• World No.1 Bajrang Punia won India’s first gold medal at the Asian Wrestling Championships 2019 in Xi’an, China with a resounding win in the final.
• Bajrang was fighting in the 65kg category and beat Sayatbek Okassov of Kazakhstan 12-7 to bag the top honours.
4) BepiColombo mission, recently seen in news, is aimed at exploring
• Following a series of tests conducted in space over the past five months, the ESA-JAXA BepiColombo mission has successfully completed its near-Earth commissioning phase and is now ready for the operations that will take place during the cruise and, eventually, for its scientific investigations at Mercury.
5) Mount Agung volcano, which recently erupted, is located in
• Bali’s Mount Agung volcano erupted at the weekend and spewed ash high into the sky.
• But it wasn’t the first time the Bali has been hit with massive ash clouds from the active volcano. Mount Agung is unstable and erupts on a regular basis, the next volcanic surge could be imminent.