News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 25 Apr 2019
- April 27, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) World Malaria Day is celebrated on
a) April 25th
b) June 15th
c) September 28th
d) December 2nd
• World Malaria Day gives people the chance to promote or learn about the efforts made to prevent and reduce Malaria around the world. It is observed on April 25 each year.
2) The unmanned ‘Hope Probe’ to explore Mars is an initiative of
• The unmanned ‘Hope Probe’ will leave Earth in less than 500 days
• The UAE Space Agency and Mohammed bin Rashid Space Centre (MBRSC) have announced that plans to send a probe to Mars will go ahead in July 2020. The probe, named ‘Hope’ is 85 per cent complete and undergoing intensive testing to ensure it will be ready in time.
3) The UN has named which city as 2019’s World Book Capital?
• The UAE city of Sharjah took up the mantle as UNESCO’s World Book Capital for 2019, launching a series of cultural programmes aimed at both locals and expatriates
4) INSIGHT MARS lander has recorded its first “marsquake”. It was launched by
• NASA’S INSIGHT MARS lander has recorded its first “marsquake,” making waves among Earthling seismologists tens of millions of miles away and kicking off a new era in our study of the red planet.
5) Melamine, an organic compound, is used in the production of
c) Flame retardants
d) All of the above
• The government extended the ban on import of milk and its products, including chocolates, from China till laboratories at ports for testing presence of toxic chemical melamine are upgraded.
• Food regulator FSSAI had recommended extending the ban until all labs at ports are modernised to test the chemical.
• Melamine is a chemical compound that has a number of industrial uses, including the production of laminates, glues, dinnerware, adhesives, molding compounds, coatings and flame retardants.