News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 26 Apr 2019
- April 28, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Which of the following banks announced the country’s first ‘Green Car Loan’ to encourage customers to buy electric vehicles?
b) Oriental Bank of Commerce
c) Kotak Mahindra
• State Bank of India announced the country’s first ‘Green Car Loan’ (Electric Vehicle) to encourage customers to buy electric vehicles.
• The new scheme will offer loan at 20 basis points lesser than the interest rate on the existing car loan schemes.
2) Who has recently bagged 2019 Tagore Literary Prize?
a) Rana Dasgupta
b) Zubin Mehta
c) Rajkumar Singhajit
• The second edition of Rabindranath Tagore Literary Prize was awarded to author Rana Dasgupta for his 2010 novel “Solo”, a tale of estrangement and the ultimate failure of material existence.
3) Which among the following became the first major airline to fly plastic-free?
a) Air India
b) Virgin Airlines
c) Etihad Airlines
d) Singapore Airlines
• The UAE’s flag carrier Etihad Airways has become the first airline in the Gulf region to operate a flight without any single-use plastics on board, in a bid to raise awareness about pollution on Earth Day.
• According to the Abu Dhabi-based national airline of the UAE, the flight EY484 landed in Brisbane on April 22, Earth Day.
4) Who was recently named IPI’s World Press Freedom Hero?
a) Ahmad Zeidabadi
b) Jamal Kashoggi
c) Rafael Marques
d) Cyril Almeida
• The International Press Institute declared Dawn editor and columnist Cyril Almeida in Pakistan the recipient of its 71st World Press Freedom Hero award. The institute lauded Almeida for his “tenacious coverage of the Pakistani state’s patronage of militant groups”.
• The World Press Freedom Hero award honours journalists who have made significant contributions to the promotion of press freedom.
5) Global Talent Competitive Index, 2019 was published by
a) World Bank
b) World Intellectual Property Organisation
d) None of the above
• India remains the laggard in the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) region and was ranked 80 even as Singapore retained its leading position in the Asia-Pacific region for the sixth consecutive year in the Global Talent Competitiveness Index (GTCI) 2019
• It was released by INSEAD, Adecco Group and Tata Communications