News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 27 Apr 2019
- April 29, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Vladimir Putin and Kim Jong Un held their first summit in
c) Chiang Mai
• Russian President Vladimir Putin said he was “pleased” with the outcome of his summit meeting in the Russian city of Vladivostok with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, saying he would discuss the results with China and the United States.
2) ‘MERA’ launched recently by Indian Council of Medical Research is aimed at eliminating
• ICMR launched Malaria Elimination Research Alliance (MERA)- India and organised the stakeholders’ meeting at ICMR headquarters, New Delhi to have vibrant discussions on the roadmap of the alliance. National and international leaders of malaria research, officials from Government of India, NGOs participated in the day-long meeting.
• Indian Council of Medical Research has established ‘Malaria Elimination Research Alliance-India (MERA-India)’ which is a conglomeration of partners working on malaria control.
3) ‘Kafala’, or sponsorship system was recently abolished in
• Qatar is set to abolish its controversial exit visa system for all foreign workers by the end of the year, the UN’s International Labour Organisation said
• In September 2018, Qatar approved legislation to scrap the “kafala”, or sponsorship, system which required that foreign workers obtain permission from their employers to leave the country.
4) The Special 301 report, recently seen in news, is related to
a) Ozone layer protection
b) Child labour
c) Intellectual Property Rights
d) Fugitive economic offenders
• The US government has retained India on the “priority watch list” for its alleged poor enforcement of intellectual property (IP) regulations even while it acknowledged steps taken by the Indian government to promote IP protection.
• In its latest Special 301 report released by the United States Trade Representative (USTR), the US termed India as “one of the world’s most challenging major economies” with respect to protection and enforcement of IP.
5) RBI’s new Rs.20 notes will have a motif of
a) Taj Mahal
b) Ellora Caves
c) Sabarimala Temple
• The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) that it would soon issue new Rs 20 notes in ‘greenish yellow’ colour. The banknote in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) series will have a motif of Ellora Caves on the reverse, depicting the country’s cultural heritage.