News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 29 Apr 2019
- May 1, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS IAS
- Category: Quizes
1) Global Food Policy Report-2019 was recently released by
a) International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)
• International Food Policy Research Institute released IFPRI’s Global Food Policy Report 2019
• According to the report, crop residues burning continues because it offers an easy solution to disposing of those residues, reduces pests and diseases, and allows for increased cropping intensity.
2) Cyclone Fani, recently seen in news, was formed in
a) Arabian Sea
b) Gulf of Aden
c) Red Sea
d) Bay of Bengal
• Cyclone Fani has intensified into a severe cyclonic storm
• It has the potential to become an extremely severe cyclonic storm, as informed by India Meteorology Department IMD.
3) The Asia Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU) Media Summit on Climate Action and Disaster Preparedness 2019 was held in
b) New Delhi
• 5th Asia Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU) Media Summit on Climate Action and Disaster Preparedness began in Kathmandu
• The theme of the two-day summit is “Media Solutions for Sustainable Future: Saving Lives, Building Resilient Communities”.
4) Who among the following became the first female umpire to officiate men’s ODI?
a) Claire Polosak
b) Doris Turner
c) Kathy Cross
d) None of the above
• Australia’s Claire Polosak will become the first female umpire to officiate in a men’s one-day international at the ICC World Cricket League Division Two
• Polosak will stand in the final between tournament hosts Namibia and Oman.
• The 31-year-old became the first woman to umpire an Australian men’s domestic fixture in October 2017.
5) Who among the following won the men’s’ Barcelona Open title 2019?
a) Daniil Medvedev
b) Dominic Thiem
c) Rafael Nadal
d) Roger Federer
• Dominic Thiem overpowered Daniil Medvedev 6-4, 6-0 to win the Barcelona Open title, boosting his credentials as a potential Roland Garros champion.
• A day after knocking out 11-time Barcelona winner Rafael Nadal in the semi-finals, the third-seeded Austrian claimed his second title in four events after beating Roger Federer at Indian Wells last month.
• He is also the first Austrian to take the Barcelona title since Thomas Muster in 1996.